Japspec s13

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

jap spec
0.5 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Japspec s13

Post by jap spec »

Hey guys, got a couple emails from some guys asking if i got my car back, and guess what, i havent.. There was a problem with the rocker arm stopper and the shims.....stripping the motor out, sent another head up....the Doc spent 50 hours on it and now he might have to start again....my life story and it seems to be the same as a lot of people..... anyway, the good news at the time was, that on running it in, revving to 7 and its capable of 8, at 0.4 bar it made 180kw on the wheels...torque is peak below 4000 and maintains.... at 1.2 bar, 330kw on teh wheels.....it shuld have made at least 360kw at 1.5, but i guess i'll have to wait and see now....

jsut though i should let you guys know

thanks...later

S13 - everything
something and something else

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

DICK...... just joking, that looks awsome man, I wish I could..... :roll:

Ian
Slipping Clutch

Post by Ian »

Damn that makes me drool!!! :shock: :!:
Ex 200SX S13 owner - but still mad about them.

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

coool stuff man
Hairdresser MX5

Doctor G
0.7 Bar Boost

Post by Doctor G »

HEy Japspec.

Killer motor you have there. I was wondering, is that a Greddy intake or is it the ebay Freddy? Any feedback on how well it works?

Also, same question for the oil pan. Does it leak at all? I heard the Freddy's casting is so bad that it leaks through the pores...? Someone suggested powdercoating it should solve that issue.

jap spec
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by jap spec »

THese are origal greddy parts so no problems so far... As for working if you going drifting the pan is a must have...gated properly and so on so i hopefully wont be running bearings to soon.. Also with the intake, it helps make power from mid to top... the power curve is that much better with it on.. also, you can obviously run a bigger throttle body which then amplifies everything... Mine has been match ported, and the figures tell anyone that its definantly all working awesome together.. One thing i can say is that if you get one, check the port sizes and make sure they all perfect, it does help and doesnt take forever to do.. As for the copy ones, i have one on my RB and no problems at all....the casting dont look cool compared but they work.... the insides arent as smooth as the originals, but for 1 third of the price i am happy

S13 - everything

Sokar
1.0 Bar Boost

Post by Sokar »

Ouch, is this what happened to "Project R31" What ever happened to the Budget Drifter?
Captain Slow to the rescue!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

yeah dude...

i was following that story on your 'site, but it hasnt had an update in ages!!!

now suddenly the budget 'liner has an RB lump with Greddy bits.

a savage powertrain on that body - hectic!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

Sokar wrote:Ouch, is this what happened to "Project R31" What ever happened to the Budget Drifter?
Some peoples budgets are diffrent from ours :lol:
sig[/sig]

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

Daniel wrote:
Sokar wrote:Ouch, is this what happened to "Project R31" What ever happened to the Budget Drifter?
Some peoples budgets are diffrent from ours :lol:
Yeah haha... They budget between HKS or Tomei

We budget between 1ply or 2ply toilet paper
Hairdresser MX5

jap spec
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by jap spec »

whatever guys...im probably alot older then most of you....working forever, but still a kid at heart... As for the update on my site...sorry for all the delays.... i got all the write ups on my pc but aint loaded anything in ages.....busy building the new site at the moment, but it always has to be better so its not ever endind.... As for project R31....its running throttle bodies from an M3 and the budget has gone for a ball of shit... the pic i have above is of my new R31 project...called, Project RB sleeper... Its running 245kw on teh fly....0.6 bar...its fun... If i had to convince anyone - SX verse R31 RB, i would say go R31.... for 50k you got a car that is just insane... its one of the most fun cars i have ever driven.... Running in the 13's this thing smokes M3's.. The idea with this one is to make it full street trim, drag car... Thinking of going GT3540 on it... I want to end up with 400kw on the wheels.... forged, but just rods and pistons...cometic head gasket and thats about it... got the turbo manifold already, and i garret, tial 46mm wastegate.... jsut the turbo, but its gonna have to wait seeming its 13k....can spend that money somewhere else right now.... As fo rmy SX, still not here, but ive heard it should be done this week....thats what they always tell me though... If you guys are in the edenvale area...stop in by the doc for me and check out the progress...
if you guys are keen to see more stuff on the RB, let me know...got some footage

as for toilet paper, i cant afford cos these car take all my money....
S13 - everything

jap spec
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by jap spec »

I was up in joburg this the weekend before last and decided to go see my car again....

i dont know if i told you, but one of the shims decided to retire which caused head damage.... I sent up another head about 3 months ago and finally it was now complete... the previous head when i bought it had work done on it so it was ported around that... we got high power figures for sure but have improved drastically this time round.... the last head made at 0.35 bar, 176kw on the wheels, revving 7200....at 0.8bar we made over 200... With the new head and porting sorted out now, the car was ready for more action.... 0.8bar, 250kw on the wheels, 360nm.... i thought it was very good... The car is built for over 2 bar of pressure but the turbo we knew would max out before we had to boost it that much.... At 1.2bar we maxed the turbo out at 346kw on the wheels, 545nm of torque.....scary power... i asked him to boost it a bit more just to see the increments of power but it was not much.... 1.5bar, 365kw on the wheels, 588nm.... As you can see it was not worth putting the boost up as the turbo had done its job....Also, the effeciency of this motor is the key, cos its only revving 7200 which is less than standard... built for 8000, this motor has a lot more potential... i recon if i had to put a 3540 or something on it, i could get up to 450kw on the wheels.... Its for drift only so thats why the turbo is the size it is.... Guys, if you building these motors, look into match porting everything so the air moves through equally... yuo will see power gains... I know that there will be guys out there that will make more power, but lets see at what revs and boost they do that.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Later
S13 - everything

Sokar
1.0 Bar Boost

Post by Sokar »

See, JapSpec knows the Turbo shakra well.

"Its all about the flow......"

Nice figures there! cant wait to see this beast in action!
Captain Slow to the rescue!

Hennie Marais
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by Hennie Marais »

Last edited by Hennie Marais on Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hennie Marais
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by Hennie Marais »

Sokar wrote:
"Its all about the flow......"

!
LOL, sounds familiar, I've heard that some place before. Lets hope it was not intened as an insult.