SR20DET Oil Pump

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

fuzz123
0.3 Bar Boost
Car: S14
Engine: SR

SR20DET Oil Pump

Post by fuzz123 »

Hi guys,

I need to replace my oil pump, I think it might be the oil pump that caused my turbo failure so I will rather be safe than sorry, so I need to know if there are "better" or "bad" pumps out there. Should I just go OEM and probably pay through my teeth for it, or should I rather consider importing one?

I have no problem with either route, I have just found that local nissan seem to be a lot more expensive than importing. Secondly I feel that a good quality oil pump is a must in any engine, especially when they are force fed.

thanks!!

Grobblere
0.6 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Re: SR20DET Oil Pump

Post by Grobblere »

You can get a cheaper brand one through Alert engine spares, but to my knowledge thats for the sr20de's. We fitted one and it seems to work fine but i also need to add that this is on a NA and its not cheap either. OEM should be R3500 imported if i remember correctly.

If your oil pump is going out, then it would be best to replace but first you need to check the oil pressure by fitting a gauge. Open your valve cover and have a look at the cam lobes for any signs of damage, a faulty pump would also cause internal engine damage to your bearings ans.

I dont know why your turbo went, but that could be because of allot of factors including turbo balancing, oil feed and return, quality of parts, turbo age, boost pressure....

Pinkfluffybunnys
Over Boosting
Car: Other
Engine: SR

Re: SR20DET Oil Pump

Post by Pinkfluffybunnys »

Just fit a VE Oil Pump and call it a day, Unless you can get your hands on a GTI-R unit

It cost around R3400 Imported with Duty s from Greg, Just get the oil pick-up as-well or have one made

VE Oil drive vs a DET unit

2008 Mazda 6 MPS - Daily Drive
1\4 Mile:
1993 Nissan Sentra 200STI SR20VE – Mild VE
1\4 mile: 14.815 @153km\h @ ODI --- 1KM:195Km\h

Because Race Car