Clutch issue (Pedal Delay)

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

GE TJOONED
Banned
Car: Supra
Engine: RB

Post by GE TJOONED »

Hi Guys

So i've been having this issue with my clutch on the s14 after the RB swop,Its almost like I have 0% clutch at times,The pedal is seriously soft and does not select gears very quicky (when at high RPM's +- 5000-7000rpm) , I've fitted the RB slave cylinder with the short pin that came with it(Motor and box came as one piece)i have removed the clutch delay pipe as i thought that it could be that,But still nothing,After redoing the master cylinder and slave seals and all of that the problem is still persisting.The car pulls seriously hard! But this issue is getting on my nerves.and is the only thing holding me back from taking the car to be tuned.

So far what i have done to try and resolve this :
-New seals for the master and slave cylinder
-Fitted a longer pin(well with this she selects perfectly but the clutch is semi engaged so it just slips)
-Removed the clutch delay pipe(Sits under the car)
-Broken 3 spanners lol

Im using the Fork rubber from the SR Box(could that be the issue)??

Any suggestions guys ??
The New daily : 2008 ASTRA OPC H (CPI Stage 3 Build)
The Toy:Vacant

99 200GXI (EX)
97 200SX S14 (EX)
98 200GSI(EX)
98 200GXI(EX)
92 GLI EXEC 20V (EX)
92 GLI EXEC TURBO(EX)
97 200 GXI(EX)
86 GLI 20V(EX)
96 CONQUEST(EX)
61 FORD ANGLIA 4AGE (EX)

Draco
Forum Whore
Car: S13

Re: Clutch issue (Pedal Delay)

Post by Draco »

When your clutch takes, does it take low or high?

GE TJOONED
Banned

Post by GE TJOONED »

The clutch only moves up around 5cm from the floor ,But it takes very highish ,It catches hard though ,but what i have noticed is that the fork has no play even with the slave removed,you think that could be the prob??

99 200GXI (EX)
97 200SX S14 (EX)
98 200GSI(EX)
98 200GXI(EX)
92 GLI EXEC 20V (EX)
92 GLI EXEC TURBO(EX)
97 200 GXI(EX)
86 GLI 20V(EX)
96 CONQUEST(EX)
61 FORD ANGLIA 4AGE (EX)

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

It sounds to me that you have to set your clutch pedal itself, the arm connecting to your master cylinder can turn in and out, effectively adjusting your clutch hight and where it takes, I have had this before that my clutch does this, feels spongy and feels like it takes at different hights and struggle to get gears fast higher in the rev range, it sounds to me you have to "turn it out" a bit.

Then re-breed the clutch.

GE TJOONED
Banned

Post by GE TJOONED »

i forgot to add ,I have tried that out ,Nothing helps ,Its almost like the fork is jamming

99 200GXI (EX)
97 200SX S14 (EX)
98 200GSI(EX)
98 200GXI(EX)
92 GLI EXEC 20V (EX)
92 GLI EXEC TURBO(EX)
97 200 GXI(EX)
86 GLI 20V(EX)
96 CONQUEST(EX)
61 FORD ANGLIA 4AGE (EX)

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

does the s14 have that sh@tty loop before the clutch slave like a s13? if so have you tried removing that they cuz kak
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Enzio
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Enzio »

Check the following:
- condition of the pivot ball
- if the release bearing carrier is not sticking on the input shaft sleeve.
- if the input shaft sleeve is not broken off (this has happened on mine)

What clutch are you using? Is it the correct part for the engine/gearbox?
Image S13 CA18DET, NIStune and...oh wait no that's gone..... Image

GE TJOONED
Banned

Post by GE TJOONED »

SonOfAnarchy ZA wrote:does the s14 have that sh@tty loop before the clutch slave like a s13? if so have you tried removing that they cuz kak
Yes i have removed that,The clutch delay pipe
Enzio wrote:Check the following:
- condition of the pivot ball
- if the release bearing carrier is not sticking on the input shaft sleeve.
- if the input shaft sleeve is not broken off (this has happened on mine)

What clutch are you using? Is it the correct part for the engine/gearbox?
Motor came as one piece fro the GT-T R34 so i would guess that that would be the correct clutch,

Im starting to think that it could be the fork that is forking with me (lol) or the push bearing
Also i've used the thinish push bearing as there are two types that i have, The thick one and the thin one that looks like the Sr one

Pivot ball was in good nick.

But what ill do is drop the box as soon as i get some time and maybe check if the fork could be the problem.

99 200GXI (EX)
97 200SX S14 (EX)
98 200GSI(EX)
98 200GXI(EX)
92 GLI EXEC 20V (EX)
92 GLI EXEC TURBO(EX)
97 200 GXI(EX)
86 GLI 20V(EX)
96 CONQUEST(EX)
61 FORD ANGLIA 4AGE (EX)

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Ero_sennin »

Sounds like something is getting stuck.

Does the pedal and hydrolic system push in and out all the way? If one of the piston rods get stuck inside one of the cylinders (master or slave) it will not pop back out all the way. This has happened to me before where the replacement piston was slightly too big, wrong part number. If you tap the clutch pedal quickly repeatedly does the pedal move further up? If you pull back on the clutch pedal does it pull out all the way? You should see the connecting rod move with it and you will feel if the piston moves too, if you push it down does it go very easy and when it is almost to the bottom then feel the pressure then the piston is getting stuck. If it is not this then its something down with the clutch

Perhaps the release bearing? I would check if everything is in order down there take it all apart make sure its all in the right place, all sleeves and clips. Did you grease the shaft at all? Maybe this was an issue before you got the engine.
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

GE TJOONED
Banned

Post by GE TJOONED »

Pedal feels as if it gets stuck if u push it slowly but when pressed quickly it pops up fast.

I have used the standard pistons in both the cylinders along with new seals.

I have also greased the bearing and shaft before fitment,But im starting to think that perhaps the bearing clips popped out whilst fitting the gearbox back on.

But ill hopefully sort it out ..

Laters

Kurto

99 200GXI (EX)
97 200SX S14 (EX)
98 200GSI(EX)
98 200GXI(EX)
92 GLI EXEC 20V (EX)
92 GLI EXEC TURBO(EX)
97 200 GXI(EX)
86 GLI 20V(EX)
96 CONQUEST(EX)
61 FORD ANGLIA 4AGE (EX)

GE TJOONED
Banned

Post by GE TJOONED »

So after waiting one month + a few ,i decided to fetch my car to resolve this issue.Driving home in a boosted Nissan 2 man convoy lol ( The RB and my brothers Sr20det Sentra ) Couldn't really give the RB as the clutch was kaking as soon as it seen boost,So i took it easy lol ,I notice how the bigger cars move over even though we were cruising lol.But Wastegate flutters and dumpvalve noises were present :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Okay so i dropped the gearbox on Sunday morning (one man ... NB.Gearbox is F@#%@NG heavy)after around 2 hours it was down.But before i dropped it i took note that the fork was skew(looked almost bent) so i dropped it ,First thing i took note of is that the rubber boot was torn..Second thing the thrust bearing piece that rests behind the fork was off on one side...Hehe was i smiling :D but pissed :evil: ..Third thing was the clip/spring that locks the fork on the pivot ball was off...

Lifting the gearbox back up was a real pain in the a$$..but two trolley jacks were ever so happy to assist me lol..eventually my bro decided to help out

So Final post on this thread

Issue is resolved !!! [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] the pin that came with the slave was too long so i used a shorter one ..SO TESTING WAS DONE lol my dad decided it would be a nice idea to do a few burnouts (his idea of clutch testing) mine was a more similar approach launching the car at the limit and forgot that i was right down in 4th on a short street(Forgot that i have no abs anymore):domo: :domo: :domo: :shock: :shock: :shock: [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif]

Im really impressed with going RB in my car its a really smooth engine.

I appreciate all the input and assistance here guys thanks a million. [smilie=200sx_200sx.gif] [smilie=200sx_200sx.gif] [smilie=200sx_200sx.gif] :domo:

Until next time gents

Keep it sideways [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif]

99 200GXI (EX)
97 200SX S14 (EX)
98 200GSI(EX)
98 200GXI(EX)
92 GLI EXEC 20V (EX)
92 GLI EXEC TURBO(EX)
97 200 GXI(EX)
86 GLI 20V(EX)
96 CONQUEST(EX)
61 FORD ANGLIA 4AGE (EX)

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

thanks for the update dude! im having similar clutch issues with mine
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

GE TJOONED
Banned

Post by GE TJOONED »

Whats happening with you're clutch bud ??Perhaps i could assist?

99 200GXI (EX)
97 200SX S14 (EX)
98 200GSI(EX)
98 200GXI(EX)
92 GLI EXEC 20V (EX)
92 GLI EXEC TURBO(EX)
97 200 GXI(EX)
86 GLI 20V(EX)
96 CONQUEST(EX)
61 FORD ANGLIA 4AGE (EX)

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

i blew 3 slave cylinder seals so i made the shaft longer cuz i figured the piston was coming out to much and my original shaft had been cut shorter. so now the seal holds but i got a small amount of slip when i changed gears so i shortened the new shaft a bit but now the clutch slips under boost quite badly

sly gxi
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: Other
Engine: SR

Post by sly gxi »

nice !!! glad your issue is sorted . sucks you had to drop the gbox and was a big job :facepalm: . but atleast its sorted, must come around and show me how the RB goes compared to your SR .

damn SonOfAnarchy ZA hope you get your issue sorted soon bud.