suspension drop on S14

Discuss your In-car entertainment, interior accessories, and body kits here.

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Gary57
Club Rep
Car: S13

Post by Gary57 »

Why dont you guys take your springs to coil co and tell you want a spring like this just 30mm shorter. They will wined you a set of new spring with what ever tension you want and to whatever length you want.

Sokar
1.0 Bar Boost

Post by Sokar »

Gary57 wrote:Why dont you guys take your springs to coil co and tell you want a spring like this just 30mm shorter. They will wined you a set of new spring with what ever tension you want and to whatever length you want.
You need to be very careful with the local stuff, the guys dont use the same metals etc as imported kits, I've had long chats with Steve Hurley from CRS in Midrand here is his response to a "Local/Cut/reWind" post on the VW Club: http://www.vwclub.co.za/vwforum/viewtop ... highlight=
Steve Hurley wrote:It is a huge problem and there are companies that do some strange things with suspension and put your life at risk . The comment about the orange springs is correct Koenig springs are orange, Koni is metallic Blue , En force are red, Eibach generally Met Black but it can vary and H and R are all kinds of colours but the Name appears on the spring. If someone has heated the spring to shorten it 2 problems occur , first the spring is not long enough to stay tight in the spring seats so when you jack the car up or put it on a 2 post lift the spring can jump out of its mounting point, second and more importantly shortening a standard spring makes it up to 30 % SOFTER , Nightmare because now you only have half the travel and a much softer spring . The car will ride terrible and suspension will bottom out at the slightest bump in the road.
Captain Slow to the rescue!

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Coil Co in DBN here dont touch your springs, they will make a new set. So they will take measurements off yours and remake them to the exact same spec.

dwayne
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by dwayne »

Thats y id rather let a pro build a kit for me. there have been doing it for over 30yrs and they did a bloody good job on my previous cars. i dont trust koenic coz had 2 bad encounters and import kits are damn expensive
GOING SOME WHERE FAST!!!!!!! :-)

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

can anyone say:

EL-DOR-AAAAAAHHHHH-DO.

quite a cheap mod!!!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Sokar
1.0 Bar Boost

Post by Sokar »

dwayne wrote:import kits are damn expensive
There's a good old saying... "You get what you pay for"

No matter what route you decide to take, remember, cheap is cheap...

Its all good an dandy if you're gonna JUST do it for the looks, but you didnt buy my car for the looks, and I swear, if you roll her because you put a set of hill billy springs in, I'll find you in your hospital bed and bitch slap you!!!!!
Captain Slow to the rescue!

dwayne
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by dwayne »

LOLOLOL no no cheap kit he just does me a favour for that price coz i give him alot of customars. he builds high performance kits. he does mostly M3,M5.rx8 and audi s3. he did my jetta, Uno turbo, dads previous TT and now the sx. reason i like his kits is coz its not as bumpy as other drop kits.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Sokar wrote:
dwayne wrote:import kits are damn expensive
There's a good old saying... "You get what you pay for"
what you trying to tell us, you dont know how to say it???? mine cost nothing and are very hard!

Sokar wrote: I swear, if you roll her because you put a set of hill billy springs in, I'll find you in your hospital bed and bitch slap you!!!!!
hahahahaha.
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Stephen Swanepoel
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by Stephen Swanepoel »

sorry after my "local is lekka" experiences Id rather buy a grinder for R500-00 and cut my own stock springs.
Not that id ever do something like that.

this is just my opinion.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Stephen Swanepoel wrote:sorry after my "local is lekka" experiences Id rather buy a grinder for R500-00 and cut my own stock springs.
you CAN say

EL-DOR-AAAAAHHHHH-DO!!!!

jap spec
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by jap spec »

stevie wonders car.....with my body kit he stole....thats the drop

S13 - everything
something and something else

Stephen Swanepoel
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by Stephen Swanepoel »

Hay i not steel!!!!!!!! eeisshh

jap spec
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by jap spec »

whatever
S13 - everything
something and something else

dwayne
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by dwayne »

car is going in on monday. will add pics as soon as she is back.

S14RB25
Slipping Clutch

Post by S14RB25 »

Dwayne did you fit a kit on your car?