A couple stupid questions

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator
Car: S13

A couple stupid questions

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

ok Sorry for the stupid questions but id rather be safe than sorry. I'm wiring up my Dicktator and am worried about a few things

1. Regarding the injectors i see they switched with negative by the ecu. That obviously means the other side is positive my question is do i run it through the ignition?

2. On the coil packs i know there is a negative, positive and signal from what i measure the negative is a given then there is a positive common from what i can see then a separate wire for each coil going to the ignitor i assume that it is the signal. The "common Positive" do i run it through the ignition as well? and its that a common positive?

[smilie=200sx_200sx.gif]
Attachments
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG (3.36 KiB) Viewed 3328 times
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

BigKriss
SX Forumholic
Car: S14
Engine: RB

Re: A couple stupid questions

Post by BigKriss »

No such thing as a stupid question .

Always run any switching through a good quality relay. By using a relay you can either switch neg. or pos.
The ignition will then in turn switch the relay.

Same for the coil packs. Make sure you once again use a quality relay that can handle the current draw required by the coil packs.

A lot of installs will actually switch the coils and injectors via one single relay , I prefer keeping the two circuits separate.

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

kwl thanks allot BK
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac
Engine: SR

Post by Charlvdw »

Get a std wiring diagram and trace the wires on there.
197rwkw ,376nm