CA18det Dyno figures

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac
Car: S13

Re: CA18det Dyno figures

Post by mario_200sx »

SonOfAnarchy ZA wrote:spoke to ross (the tuner) About it he says its 100% like it is he Said the car is not struggling for petrol at all he recons i can go to 1.4bar on the 440cc and still be safe
Then people wonder why they melt pistons or blow motors? :facepalm:
Rolling Thunder..........

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

mario_200sx wrote:
SonOfAnarchy ZA wrote:spoke to ross (the tuner) About it he says its 100% like it is he Said the car is not struggling for petrol at all he recons i can go to 1.4bar on the 440cc and still be safe
Then people wonder why they melt pistons or blow motors? :facepalm:
OK so then??? why not share your knowledge rather than just comment?
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

Enzio has already stated to you that at that power you are running at to high duty cylce.....

So it might be running fine now, but at anything more than 80% duty cycle on a injector you will overheat your injector and it will decide to stop working. No fuel - no piston......
Rolling Thunder..........

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Jason, let me say this, if the tuner says it's possible it might be, he should know best, he tuned the car.

The amount of boost is not connected to the amount of fuel(injector size) needed for that boost, remember 1.4 bar boost on one T3/T4 might be a whole different thing on another T3/T4 turbo because of the volume of air involved, the amount of fuel(injector size) is connected to the amount of air flow(volume) needed to make a certain amount of power.

Your turbo might for argument sake flow only a small amount of air(volume) that makes the use of only 440cc's very possible, this leads me to assume that your turbo is "small" and that's why it is possible..

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

oh ok i will ask him to work out the duty cycle.
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"