exhaust mani

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

nissan sss
Slipping Clutch
Car: S13

exhaust mani

Post by nissan sss »

ok so got home from work and saw my sx is leaking oil jacked up the car too have a look and found that the oil line from the turbo has a small hole in it so wanted to try and strip it out but is hard to get to and will end up taking off the manifold as the gasket is also leaking, now to get to my point, im thinking of canging the manifold to a upgraded one aswell while im busy, is it worth it,
sould i go for stainless steel or steam pipes?
and what brands would you recomend or where can i have a good one build.
and low mount or high mount?
pros vs cons?

the megan racing stainless is R3500 also looking at the autobahn 88 witch i think is a better bet

also will need to change my elbow or downpipe as it broke just welded it up for temp...
some help on this

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac
Engine: SR

Re: exhaust mani

Post by Charlvdw »

I bought a autobahn 88 ss top mount, but ended up using it to build a jig from which I build myself a steam pipe mani. I sold the ss mani to Draco but looking back I don't think I did him any favours. Unless u buy a moer of a expensive ss mani which is braced and sopported in every way possible you're wasting you money.
My 2c.
197rwkw ,376nm

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Charlvdw wrote:I bought a autobahn 88 ss top mount, but ended up using it to build a jig from which I build myself a steam pipe mani. I sold the ss mani to Draco but looking back I don't think I did him any favours. Unless u buy a moer of a expensive ss mani which is braced and sopported in every way possible you're wasting you money.
My 2c.
Not blaming Charl, he is right, rather get a custom steam pipe one built, the S/s is just not up to the task and has more issues.

Pinkfluffybunnys
Over Boosting
Car: Other
Engine: SR

Post by Pinkfluffybunnys »

The again, I swear by SS manifolds, Had one on my CA18DET, Had one on my GA,DE,VE and will have one on my SR20DET.

If you asking does it work compared to Cast or a log manifold , Yes it does , lots of hidden pony’s on the manifold and downpipe
2008 Mazda 6 MPS - Daily Drive
1\4 Mile:
1993 Nissan Sentra 200STI SR20VE – Mild VE
1\4 mile: 14.815 @153km\h @ ODI --- 1KM:195Km\h

Because Race Car

nissan sss
Slipping Clutch

Post by nissan sss »

Cool thanks for input, was also looking at the auto bahn, seems to be good quality but know of the isue with stainless cracking, wil do some more research, where can. Have a steam pipe one made? Any ideas?

Have to say stainless looks better but dont want to have problems with it cracking.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

http://200sx.za.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6970

My wastegate flange also broke off during the night, there was an event at the rock about 2 years back, washed the car the evening, pulled it in the garage, next morning when I started it, everything was cocked, mani was leeking bad, when I took it off...this is what I saw...over night..
IMG-20111112-00005.jpg
Look at the space there was for studs and nuts...trust me...it's a bitch..
Pretoria-20110219-00131.jpg
Make damn sure if you buy, u get one without these problems, think the megan racing one might be slightly better..