Overheating

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Slide 'em Wide
0.6 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Post by Slide 'em Wide »

MMMM yes th 200sti filter does fit....

the flat filters are generally cheaper than the cones. So this is a good idea. Is there any clue as to, If i upgrade turbo etc will the flat one & std box still serve the purpose? ( sorry this was not clear before.) What is the difference of the power increase between the flat one to the cone?

What Id rather be dooing!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Slide 'em Wide wrote:MMMM yes th 200sti filter does fit....

the flat filters are generally cheaper than the cones. So this is a good idea. Is there any clue as to, If i upgrade turbo etc will the flat one & std box still serve the purpose? ( sorry this was not clear before.) What is the difference of the power increase between the flat one to the cone?
i think it will!

there is huge debate surrounding this topic, and i have lots of evidence (although with other motors) that the standard airbox with standard filter yields more power than either an aftermarket flat panel filter or a cone filter!

however, other people will give evidence that contradicts mine.

for the amount of power that we are talking about, i think you should just go with what you think is best, and what best suits your situation!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Slide 'em Wide
0.6 Bar Boost

Post by Slide 'em Wide »

Thanx will do. So std box works, and when i upgrade the turbo i will do the necessary tests.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

cool let us know, with dyno results if possible!

maybe we can almost settle the argument - almost!!!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Slide 'em Wide
0.6 Bar Boost

Post by Slide 'em Wide »

Will do. :wink: