Project F

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Toby
Club Founder
Car: S13

Post by Toby »

Your engine's looking great ChemCool! Love the red pipes! Not so sure about the baby blue, but at least it will be out of sight once it's in :-D
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

WooHaa
0.6 Bar Boost

Post by WooHaa »

I like the red pipes & silver motor.
The blue sump........hhhhhmmmm.....looks different, but I would have gone for black or silver.

Engine looks like a lucky packet sweet :lol: :lol:
Steer From the Rear !!

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like the red pipes & silver motor.
The blue sump........hhhhhmmmm.....looks different, but I would have gone for black or silver.

Engine looks like a lucky packet sweet
yes, nice to work on the engine, something different. Even the baby blue is a high heat paint. The red and the aliminium paint also high heat stuff. I dont forsee that the red pipes will stay in colour shape al way long. But as long as they are looking new for pics, it is fine.
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Where did you get those red pipe Freddie??

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Stop bugging him with the colour sceem guys....Picasso is being rebourne...someday we gonna pay millions for his work :lol:

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

Yip Gary, I remember you also once enquired on red radiator pipes and turbo intake in red. Gary, I painted them with more than one layer of high heat paint and then finished it off with clear. Some of the pipes does take the paint easy and will last. If you dont wickle or move the pipes or bend them with your hands, I think the colour will stay quite long. I just want the engine to look spanking clean when I do the engin swop. E.g. the breather pipes wont be hassled in any way and will not crackle the paint.
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

uhm freddie, i dont mean to be a doos, but i hope you cleaned the paint off the metal surfaces that will get gaskets, o-rings and seals.

in particular i am referring to the surface of the block where the oil cooler/heater thingy bolts on. also the hard pipes where the rubber has to go over.

otherwise i think you could expect some leaks???

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

otherwise i think you could expect some leaks???
Great, thanks for that advice. Yes then i will redo one or two places. For sure. Will check and redo that. 8)
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

having said all that about painting the flat surfaces and so forth...

i am really impressed by the effort that you're putting into making the engine look good. it will all be worth it once your finished. then you can say "i did that, and i did that, and i did this, and that, etc" when people asked how you got your engine like that!

and dont stress about the colours, its your choice, and if someone doesn't like it, they can take a long walk off a short pier!!!

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

I love it when people do things differently, and the red and baby blue is different!! Will stand out nicely in the engine bay, I think :D
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

The thing I like about the color scheme is that one will spot leaks and problems easily...

The downside is it will get dirty quickly, but then you'll just need to do what I do, hose it down with some engine cleaner... TADAA!
Hairdresser MX5

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

So how did he get those pipes red?? Arent they normally black rubber pipes??

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

yip sprayed it red
Hairdresser MX5

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

Quote:

Yip Gary, I remember you also once enquired on red radiator pipes and turbo intake in red. Gary, I painted them with more than one layer of high heat paint and then finished it off with clear. Some of the pipes does take the paint easy and will last. If you dont wickle or move the pipes or bend them with your hands, I think the colour will stay quite long. I just want the engine to look spanking clean when I do the engin swop. E.g. the breather pipes wont be hassled in any way and will not crackle the paint.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

so whats happening chemcool?

any further, is the new engine going in this weekend???

give us an update yo!