Lifters CA18

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

antman
0.3 Bar Boost
Car: Other
Engine: VG

Post by antman »

Hey Rat, Follow that link......I did and have just sorted the noisy lifter/s my sons sx has been having....it was quite a simple task, removed the cas and belt cover, loosened and removed the cam gears, removed the cam covers, removed the cam caps and cams. Removed the lifters and striped them cleaned them filled them with oil and pressed the inner bucket while releasing the oil by pushing the one way ball valve with a jewelers screw driver, then fit back into the main lifter assy, The rest is refitting and now we have a super quiet and smooth running motor. what a difference. By the way I replaced them with a set of used 300zx (z32) lifters I had spare and they are identical.

Wanted
Slipping Clutch
Car: S13

Post by Wanted »

DARRYL J wrote:Hi Rat

Check out Alert Engine Spares , I bought a set about a year and a half ago , paid approximately R900.00

Give them a call Part no. HL27 Stock number. HT60036AL , They have branches country wide

Regards
Darryl :wink:
I also bought lifters from alert engine spares about a year ago, i called nissan for a price before buying mine and they wanted just under R1000 each, dont know what they were smoking
Power is nothing, without control

Gary57
Club Rep

Re: Lifters CA18

Post by Gary57 »

Has anyone had any issues with the lifters from Alert engine spares?? I have 1 noisy lifter that I need to replace but the agents want R800ea, not sure if I should change the full set of them to the Alert ones.
DriftZ: "I swear if a CA18 beats my SR im getting a RB!"

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Rat, some advice from my side, I have seen this with my father in laws car, he also had noisy lifters, he sent it to a mack to replace, which they did, brand new, only to get after a few weeks that it started again, up and down...still had the noisy lifters. Freddy from the club had the same thing, also replaced lifters but had some that was still noisy.

After alot of advice everywhere, we decided to try this spec of advice, it worked, we flushed the engine with a half a leter of diesel fuel(add it to the oil) let it warm up...let it idle for 10 min or so, then replace the oil and oil filter.

I would recommend you check the oil pressure also, if your oil pressure is down, your lifters will also get noisy.

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

wow i posted this in 2010. I rebuilt my lifters the other day and they are much better. one or two need replacing
Hot Plates are Sexy

Drillergy
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Drillergy »

hehhehehe