What is next for my ride...

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

so is it 63 or 76mm???

looks like a nice job hey!

the flex section is handy - you wont have to keep on replacing your exhaust manifold studs and gaskets!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

mmm...now what does it look like?(Lets see who can guess the best)

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

looks like my 63mm, but you said that the box has a 76 inlet, so i am lekka confused.

i could be confused because there isnt a nice detailed shot of the pipe going into box...

hmmm, sounds dodgy! :shock: :shock: :shock:
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

he he VC you are right. 63mm. They flared the pipe to the 76mm box.

The guy who fitted it also told me that if I want to do a 76mm normal bend pipe its going to be the same as the 63mm. His explanation was that the bending machines that Noise boys and power flow uses has a maximum bend block or something of 63mm. A bigger pipe like a 76mm will be bent and the bends would be a 63mm. The bending machine reduces the diameter when bent. He said the least restriction you get is from bending a 53mm pipe coz the pipe doesnt really reduce.

Interesting...so all the guys out there with 76 normal bend exhausts...you where fooled. Its the same size as a 63mm..or the bends atleast.

Sokar
1.0 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Post by Sokar »

HancoB wrote:Interesting...so all the guys out there with 76 normal bend exhausts...you where fooled. Its the same size as a 63mm..or the bends atleast.
My cazorst had custom made 76mm bends, most places can do them, they might actually have been more than 76mm internally...

PS, incl the backbox, how much did you pay?
Captain Slow to the rescue!

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

R1200.

He said the only way of getting no restrictions is madrel bends! Any other bend reduces the diameter of the pipe.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

thats a decent price.

what sokar is talking about is taking two 76mm normally bent pieces, cutting them up, and using the pieces that still have an internal diameter of 76mm at least.

its not as pretty as mandrel bent pipes - but its effective!

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Oh ja that..It looks a bit crappy but the end product works the same as the mandrel!

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

Nice backbox, I want one!
sig[/sig]

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Ok, you pay R550 in my account and I'll buy you one. Then you should just pay the shipping!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

or you could go to F1X exhausts in edenvale.

last time i was there it was roughly the same price for a similar box.

then you wouldnt have pay for shipping or hassle hanco!

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Got my car back today and clutch feels ok!

Still running the clutch in so no hard driving for 500km

It feels so good to have my baby back, and to hear that awesome sound, that burble when jou take your foot off the throttle, that backfire when you change and the ou tannie in her getz pisses her pants next to you, that feeling of power going through your body when the revs pick up and pushes you into your seat!

I want to marry my car!!!!

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

HancoB wrote: I want to marry my car!!!!
Don't think thats legal in SA... :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

Hotstuff
Club Rep

Post by Hotstuff »

HancoB wrote:I want to marry my car!!!!
Daar kom al daai Bellville mentality uit!!!
'92 White S13

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Nice now since I did my exhaust there is smoke coming out at the back...

When I drive it hard and then stop en let it idle she smokes white! Now the guys at the exhaust shop said thats just the new pipe and backbox burning in...but after a hundred or so KM it should stop!

There is a little leak on my headgasket and the oil is dripping on my turbo downpipe...so it might be oil running down the flex and getting burnt in the hot pipe!

I sure as hell dont want it to be my turbo!