Insurance claims

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

Insurance claims

Post by godzilla »

hey guys im sure at some point this was discussed.BUt here we go ..besides my nissans, i have ( please dont laugh)a Renault Laguna 2000 model that my dad sort of gave to me (sort of a car i drive daily and he lends it whenever ...) well some guy decided to take off my front bumper with his wheel and then drive off,surprisingly he took the bumper clean off.now claiming from the insurance a first for me ,i got 4 quotes,ranging from R15k to R21K just for the bumper,well and the stifner, the 2 foglamps,lower lip,plastic mounts on either side etc.but there is a small scratch/dent on the bonnet,and pasenger side fender,so now all these have to be sprayed too.
NOW my question is would the insurance pay me the money and i have it repaired myself, or is that only if you are a 3rd party claim from someone eles insurance? for 15k i could have my old bumper repaired, and have the hole car respraid,and have a substanial amount of money left and finish my other project ?!?? :lol: :P :twisted: :idea:
sideways forever....

poizen
200SX Maniac
Car: S13
Engine: SR

Post by poizen »

it all depends on the insurance company

i had with our car hyundai tuscun fron and rear bumpers needed replacing as well as the rear silencer

total was 20k worht of damage just the silencer was 8k

any way they gave us 20 cash for us to fix it

bought new bumpers fitted and sprayed cost 4k and i welded up the zorszt and new end pieces for 500 so we saved 15500 in our pockets

now thats a good insurance deal
''enough rice to feed whole of china''

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

poisen

Post by godzilla »

that does sound schweeet.....
sideways forever....

ljS14
Over Boosting
Car: Evo

Post by ljS14 »

I have heard of a few companies working like that but its never worked like that for me , The insurance company has always dealt directly with the panelshop and i pay the excess to the panelshop to release my car :roll:
Thats Santam before they #ucked me over saying i was a risk due to claims for the previous 5 years ,Cars stolen etc :x

I know RB25SX was also payed out for his damage cash .

You can also work with the Panelshop for extra work to be done or pay you out the differance if you have that relationship with them :wink:
1991 S13 200SX
1993 Z32 300ZX Convertable
Evo 8

Guy
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by Guy »

poizen wrote:it all depends on the insurance company

i had with our car hyundai tuscun fron and rear bumpers needed replacing as well as the rear silencer

total was 20k worht of damage just the silencer was 8k

any way they gave us 20 cash for us to fix it

bought new bumpers fitted and sprayed cost 4k and i welded up the zorszt and new end pieces for 500 so we saved 15500 in our pockets

now thats a good insurance deal
I'm not 100% sure, but that sounds like fraud to me.

The way I've seen insurance explained is that it is there to restore you back to the situation you were in before the accident.

Now you're R15 500 better off than before. That goes against the whole principle. So either you were very lucky or you were somehow fraudulent.

Now we know why our premiums are so high, some people are making money off insurance claims.
Friends don't let friends drive Honda's

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

not so

Post by godzilla »

i dont think so. insures can see if its gonna be worththere wile to get it fixed or give you the cash to sort it out yourself. Parts for my car are more scarece and more exensive than sx parts. i called around and the parts would have to be orderd from france. and that takes a wile, like 2 months,i had to get new radiator last year,i waited 2 months, so the insurer will have to give me a coutesy car untill the parts get here and thenget it fixed. It is better for me to oreder the parts online from france or the uk were the parts are redily available and get it fixed myself.if you need a winshield say for a s14 and nothing local the insurer will know its gona be better to give you the cash and save them the grief... what do you guys think?
sideways forever....

poizen
200SX Maniac
Engine: SR

Post by poizen »

yes im a fraud hey its how i roll

now wait one minute befor you state that im fraudulant

first it wasnt even my car it my parents and second it wasnt even our insurance company it was the guy that drove into the rear of my moms car
''enough rice to feed whole of china''

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

yaaa neee

Post by godzilla »

yes in the case of were its a 3rd party ,like with my wife's car the guy who drove in to her,his insurance paid out cash as it would cost a fortune to fix and we would settle for the cash and get it fixed our selves, mind you the 12k paid out let us respray her hole car and use second hand parts , with the balance of the money we used for our wedding ?!?!!??but this is my own insurance, im not out to scam anyone, its just i can have all the work done for a fraction of the cost, and use the other money elsewere, its there call .i would have loved to put a nice front bumper and lowering kit on making it look less of old mans car.....
sideways forever....

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

yep

Post by godzilla »

turns out the insurer will not pay you directly in this case as as the parts will be on order . so if you do a f@$^& up job they wont be responsible if and when the parts come off.... at least now the car will look brand new cause they will be spraying the complete front of the car.
sideways forever....