SPARK but no fire

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

VoodooMaster
Slipping Clutch
Car: S13

SPARK but no fire

Post by VoodooMaster »

After all the problems I have been having with my car I am thinking of retiring soon form the 200SX clans.

My current problem is that I have sorted out the wiring which runs from and to the ignitor unit situated on the inner side of the strut. (Don't know what they call the thing.) Some wiring got burnt from the heat of the turbo manifold. Now that I've sorted the wiring there is spark on all coil pack. New Plugs (BCP R7ES) with 0.8mm gap. The car now swings strong but no fire and just continues to swing.

What could that be?
The only thing better than going FAST,
Is Going FAST SIDEWAYS.

Jay_boy
0.3 Bar Boost
Engine: SR

Post by Jay_boy »

Ok a motor only need so much things to run!! air, feul, spark but all need to be perfectly timed, so if you say she has spark and you are dead sure then check for feul?? if she gets fuel check your airflow meter if its cloged or even working!! the manual shows you how to test and if that all is working check if the firing order is right not that you could screw that up easyly but you never know!! check your cars timing and if that is fine open the cover to the cams and see if they line up!! maybe they skipped a tooth or sevral!! :wink: unfortuanatly its a prosses of elemenation?? hope it helps?? :)
Sucks gas and hauls ass! Catch my DRIFT????

VoodooMaster
Slipping Clutch

Post by VoodooMaster »

I guess this will be a long weekend for me. The fuel is fine cause when I check the plugs you can see that its covered with fuel.

I need to now check the airflow meter. How the hell am I gonna do that? I am in Cape Town guys. Here people don't sell cars with manuals in it. They use it to start the fire at the family braai.
The only thing better than going FAST,
Is Going FAST SIDEWAYS.

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

the car will still start with a faulty AFM. it will just go into limp mode and not go above 2000 RPM. Im also leaning towards a timing issue if your certain that its not fuel or spark.
sig[/sig]

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

20" - you can get the service manual from here:

http://bagpuss.swan.ac.uk/200sx/s13manu ... L%202a.zip

You can also get this Injection Manual:

http://bagpuss.swan.ac.uk/200sx/s13manu ... MANUAL.pdf