Custom Sound Setup

Discuss your In-car entertainment, interior accessories, and body kits here.

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

KCSX
0.1 Bar Boost

Custom Sound Setup

Post by KCSX »

I have 2 12" Dvc's and i want to put them into my SX , the thing is i dont know where? anybody fit somthing similar to their S13?

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

my mate had two 10's in his sx and that worked well for the height of the back board.

12's dont know
Hot Plates are Sexy

Gary57
Club Rep
Car: S13

Post by Gary57 »

My brother has 2 15"s in his sx...
DriftZ: "I swear if a CA18 beats my SR im getting a RB!"

KCSX
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by KCSX »

[/quote]My brother has 2 15"s in his sx...

could post a pic i'd like to see how he managed that

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac
Engine: SR

Post by Charlvdw »

Im planning 2 x 12" later.

KCSX
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by KCSX »

where do you plan to mount them ?

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

Plann on losing the backseat.

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

Gary57 wrote:My brother has 2 15"s in his sx...
get craig to post a pic of his setup
Hot Plates are Sexy

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

The best in my opinion is a double sealed inclosure facing upwards to the back window, a nice set of 6" splits for the front and another set in the back panel behind the seat, depending on the amount of amps you are going to use you will have to fit the amp rack on the back of the box between the seat and box, try and sort out ventelation...use 12V computer fans if you have to....I assume you want a good sounding system and not a SPL banger....

I would suggest running sepirate amps, one digital or mono for subs,digital preferably because you will get more power in a smaller amp size, at least 2 ohm stable other wise you have to run the subs in 8 ohm to protect the amp and one for the accoustical speakers in the higher range of freaquency.

Depending on your budget I would also advise that you ad a grafic eq with a subsonic filter and a good head unit.

Before you start all that sort out your power supply....get a proper battery and sort the charging, if possible a 120 amp alternator, 90 or 100 would do but that will not charge your system fast enough...then also a good capasitor will help a lot stabelising your voltage, Earthqueke sell a good one....a 1.5 farad will help for the amp on the subs but I suggest a 2.5 farad, at least 4 guage power and Earth, 1 guage earth would be best.

As for box size, around 1.3-1.5 cubic feet per sub should be fine, from there you will have to plan the look, are you still going to use a back bord or are you going to use the box suface to mold well fitted cover exposing only the subs with grills and cover that with the color vinal of your choice....

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

Draco wrote:The best in my opinion is a double sealed inclosure facing upwards to the back window, a nice set of 6" splits for the front and another set in the back panel behind the seat, depending on the amount of amps you are going to use you will have to fit the amp rack on the back of the box between the seat and box, try and sort out ventelation...use 12V computer fans if you have to....I assume you want a good sounding system and not a SPL banger....

I would suggest running sepirate amps, one digital or mono for subs,digital preferably because you will get more power in a smaller amp size, at least 2 ohm stable other wise you have to run the subs in 8 ohm to protect the amp and one for the accoustical speakers in the higher range of freaquency.

Depending on your budget I would also advise that you ad a grafic eq with a subsonic filter and a good head unit.

Before you start all that sort out your power supply....get a proper battery and sort the charging, if possible a 120 amp alternator, 90 or 100 would do but that will not charge your system fast enough...then also a good capasitor will help a lot stabelising your voltage, Earthqueke sell a good one....a 1.5 farad will help for the amp on the subs but I suggest a 2.5 farad, at least 4 guage power and Earth, 1 guage earth would be best.

As for box size, around 1.3-1.5 cubic feet per sub should be fine, from there you will have to plan the look, are you still going to use a back bord or are you going to use the box suface to mold well fitted cover exposing only the subs with grills and cover that with the color vinal of your choice....
Sounds like you know this shit?

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Far from a proffesional but I know my way....