Dumpvalves Nuren and Derek-son

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

ChemCool
SX Forumholic
Car: S13

Dumpvalves Nuren and Derek-son

Post by ChemCool »

Nuren you and Derek both, please tell me about the dumpvalve installation. Both of you have the same installation. One question- is the dumped air circulated back into the air system or not? I thought that the SX is not idling correctly when dump valve is fitted. I just know enough to know that I know nothing. All I now know is that I can copy your installations with the same dumpvalves, but what hidden tricks are there?
In other words, dumpvalve fitted in boost line and the thinner line from the top of dv to the left of throttle body? :? :oops: Freddie
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

When I still had a BOV my idling was fine. As long as you get a twin piston BOV it is sealed off on idle and only opens with enough boost pressure.

TBH while i had a BOV gearchanges felt smoother and more responsive.
sig[/sig]

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

It is very easy to install freddy, idling is fine, any proper BOV will not effect your idling I wiil send you a picture of the insallation vie e-mail.

What a BOV does is the following: the turbo compressor wheel creates compressed air that is sent into your intake manifold, for this to work exaust gasses must first spin the exaust wheel witch intern spins the compressor wheel creating preasure.
When you are driving not all that preasure is always used exeptenally when you change gears, this creates back preasure witch slows down your compessor wheel and straining your turbo and inturn slowing down your exaust wheel resulting in your turbo not getting the hot air out and your turbo then sits with all the heat and strain shortening your turbos life and and.....
A BOV gets rid of this extra preasure keeping your compressor wheel spinning while changing gears.

WooHaa
0.6 Bar Boost

Post by WooHaa »

The DV is an awesome piece of kit & does help. When shopping for a DV, their are a couple of things to bare in mind. Firstly, there are three types of BOV.
1) Normal DV
2) Sequential DV
3) Recirculating DV.

Normal DV is the one cheapest & will just blow excess boost. This is the one that causes the car to burn rich when idling & also interferes with the idle abit.

The sequential BOV is the one that you want. It works on equating the pressures from the Intake, before & after the throttle body. Therefore it remains closed at idle but dumps when the pressure on the other side of the throttle body is much higher then the internal one.

The recirculating one I thing is the best for performance but it doesn't have the awesome noise, you get from a sequential BOV.
You must bare in mind that all air that enters & passes the AFM, is calculated & the car knows exactley how to mix the AIR/Fuel. When you dump the air into the atmosphere, the car doesn't know this, therefore everythime you change gears & dump the air, for that split second the car burns rich. The recirculating BOV just pumps the air back into the system, therefore it is better. The s14 comes with a recirculating BOV.

To summarize, this is it. A BOV lets out the extra pressure from the turbo that is built up everytime you take your foot off the loud pedal. Remember that there is two side to the manifold. Before throttle body & after throttle body. Everytime you close the throttle body, there is extra pressure built up before it & a vacumm after it. That is why when you connect a DV, a little pipe goes from the top onto the intake where the vacumm is. So, everytime the accelerator is closed its the extra pressure & the vacumm that opens the DV. That is why it is so easy to disconnect them. Just pull out the vacumm line & the car is back to normal.

I hope this helps. If you are even more confused, then my work here is done. So lok for a sequential or recirculating DV!! P.S. a recirculating DV is also sequential.....HA...even more confused!!! :wink:

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

BOV

Post by ChemCool »

Nuren, thank you. Yes I understand it now. Derek, that red outjie we talked about-will it sound like Nuren is discussing. In other words, we can clap two flies with one shot.Sound and sequential? That is now with the turbonetics if I got the name correct. The R700-00 red outjie?. I like the red one you see. :roll: :?:
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Yes Freddy it is an sequential BOV, Nuren thanks for confusing the guy, Freddy keep it simple, a normal BOV is one you can buy for about R400 or so, you will see a BOV like that stays open when you start the car that is why your car sounds sick. Bad BOV...

A proper one " sequential one costs about R650 up, if you compare the 2 you will see the better one's valve is much harder to push back, it needs anouph preasure from turbo and vacuum from intake manifold to open. Like always you get the ones that does the job and then the ones that does the job with a expensive brand name that goes for R1000 and up, the only differance is it comes with a trumpet connection to make a loud sound bla bla bla....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Dumpvalve

Post by ChemCool »

It is done. Dumpvlave fitted eventually. Sounds awesome. Nicely done by Neels Dreyer. Next step Derek is for me to see your electric fans!
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

I will let you know as soon as it's done.

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Fitted DV

Post by ChemCool »

Image[/img]Image
Daniel, this time I have got it right??
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

a little hard to see from the pics :twisted:

wallionaire
when the blind lead the blind - GET OUT OF THE WAY

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

What pics you wanna see? those was at a small meeting at Zwartkops, fans and stuff is on need to take pics