Post by Draco »

So hot it's cute!

Jokat
Slipping Clutch
Car: S13

Re: FrankenZteins back!

Post by Jokat »

Thats... thats... wow :domo:
"Put your left foot in, put your right foot in, take your left foot out and slide it all about!!!!"

S13 200sx CA18DET

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

great shots
sig[/sig]

DriftZ
200SX Maniac
Car: S15
Engine: SR

Post by DriftZ »

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

Someone was asking me how much these guys charge for shoots / vids ... and I don't know coz they not charging me.. they asked if they could shoot my cars, obviously I said yes :P ... but I will ask how much they'll charge this weekend while they shooting the other car :)

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

Such a solid awesome car, I flippen love it and I love the scream of its SR! Thanks to the new owner for letting me use it :)

slowly uploading vids.. here's the first one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2QiwZ26_e4

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

This vid I took Wes from this forum for a lap on high boost ... maybe I was trying to show off and over cooked it on the brakes / first corner which kind of buggered up my lap anyway.. so I just decided to have more fun :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u249M-A ... e=youtu.be

Trance101
0.9 Bar Boost
Engine: RB

Post by Trance101 »

Haha, epic. You really had no traction hey.
RB25 S13 - in a perpetual state of broken-ness...

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Yo DZ! Your sx is mental. Reminds me of what mine used to look like, but only the grey paint and bronze wheels. The rest of it is just beyond epic. Although im not sure about those whores handbag bits. Lol
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

veecee wrote:Yo DZ! Your sx is mental. Reminds me of what mine used to look like, but only the grey paint and bronze wheels. The rest of it is just beyond epic. Although im not sure about those whores handbag bits. Lol
huzit VC... thanks guy .. & your SX was on of the first that made me like the look S13's when i first joined the forum ... see how we make da circle beega! ha ha

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

So that's it from me... My Frank story is Kla.
Very happy to end this build thread on my favourite number :) Thanks to the forum / member for the years of help / kak talk on this build.

Gary from this forum is the new 'lucky' owner, im sure he'll keep him on the forum in some form or another.

Cheers
Brendan

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Thanks Brendan for the awesome car.

So with my RS13-ZN SX having most of the same parts I wasn't expecting much of a change when I took Frank home, oh how was I wrong. Brendan said to me that it will be different, with a smile on his face, but said he couldn't explain it.

What I found was surprising, this car is properly sorted. Although having the same parts as my SX, they are 2 completely different machines. RS13-ZN is cool calm and collected, Frank is exact opposite. It feels properly fast, front end grip is mega and the predictability of the rear is remarkable. It is by no means an easy car to drive but when you are nearing the limit of grip it comes into its own and relays ever bit of information you want as a driver, from the stones blasting the wheel wells telling you of rough road surface to the screamer pipe telling you you are at full boost and are about to loose rear sideways. You are constantly being blasted with feedback which all builds into an inspiring machine to drive, I find my self constantly driving harder and pushing the limits of the car, which currently are way above my driving skills.

All in all this has is above my expectations and I am really impressed. There really isn't much to do. The only future plans are to fit Wolf V550 ECU and new turbo, other than that all I want to do is drive it. I plan to do all the Dezzi events next year and hopefully head up to Barry's area and see how it fairs in JHB.

Thankfully it is so different from my RS13-ZN SX that I will have a place for each in my garage. Frank will be a complete track car which I plan to make it as fast as possible, RS13-ZN will still my street car and garage queen.

So with the first mods done it only feels right to update this build with the pics. I decided to carpet the interior, this makes it a more comfortable cabin and easy to keep clean. Also fitted the Big Blue Rota's and man they look hot. Will try get round to painting the cage this week as well.

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DriftZ: "I swear if a CA18 beats my SR im getting a RB!"

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

Congratz Boety.

Ja the suspension is very along way from stock at this point, its even beyond aftermarket at the front, as its mostly custom. Most of the stock joint points have been relocated for various reasons .. ending up with a slightly longer car feel as well as a much wider track, plenty useable grip, more stable braking, different caster arm geometry, Quicker steering lock to lock as well as More steering lock... etc etc .. its a lovely setup to push hard on track with. Im keen to hear back from you after a proper track day with Semis on it, that's when you feel how really awesome this thing is.

Good job on the carpeting, looks far more comfortable for the long drives to the track :)

I vote same colour as the wheels for the roll cage ... or same color as the car.

Jokat
Slipping Clutch

Post by Jokat »

+1 for color of the wheels!
"Put your left foot in, put your right foot in, take your left foot out and slide it all about!!!!"

S13 200sx CA18DET

Gizmo
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by Gizmo »

Are you selling the other wheels ? :D
"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional"

ex: Audi A3 1.8T 204 kw atw (sold)
ex: VW Mk1 2.0 8v (sold)