S14 as a daily

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Slow
Car: Other

S14 as a daily

Post by Slow »

Hi guys

New here.

This is not really a technical questions, but wasnt sure where else to post it.

I would just like to get your opinions on buying a S14 as a daily. Would you advise against using one as a daily that has a slightly bigger turbo, aftermarket ECU etc? Not looking to make huge amounts of power. Are they semi reliable if maintained properly? What fuel consumption could one expect if not boosting all the time?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator
Car: S13

Re: S14 as a daily

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

i would say no but i know sli gxi ran his for a daily for a while and BigKriss uses his as a daily with a rb25 in. if you keeping it standard then it should be fine.
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

BigKriss
SX Forumholic
Car: S14
Engine: RB

Post by BigKriss »

" if you keeping it standard then it should be fine."

Bullshitcrapnonsense. 8) Mod the tits off it, use it as a daily and go scare old grannies and go race everything with wheels !!
You only live once bud..

Seriously, I use my RB daily as well as a std S14 SR20 auto as well. When I behave, good mileage and always a lekka car to drive..

fuzz123
0.3 Bar Boost
Engine: SR

Post by fuzz123 »

BigKriss wrote:" if you keeping it standard then it should be fine."

Bullshitcrapnonsense. 8) Mod the tits off it, use it as a daily and go scare old grannies and go race everything with wheels !!
You only live once bud..

Seriously, I use my RB daily as well as a std S14 SR20 auto as well. When I behave, good mileage and always a lekka car to drive..

I totally agree!!

Dont expect the S14 to be as nice as a new car like the commonly used daily's, but believe me you will enjoy it! The smile it puts on your face is worth every cent in petrol. I average about 6 km/l in town and with nice driving get well over 10km/l on the open road.

Service it every 5k with some fresh oil and oil filter and it the car wont give much more hassles than the normal wear and tear items.

Slow

Post by Slow »

BigKriss wrote: Bullshitcrapnonsense. 8) Mod the tits off it, use it as a daily and go scare old grannies and go race everything with wheels !!
:lol: :lol:

Thanks for the reply guys [smilie=200sx_200sx.gif]

Fuzz, what mods are you running while getting that fuel consumption?

BigKriss, how is the fuel consumption with the RB when you not scaring the grannies?

fuzz123
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by fuzz123 »

The blue sx was running a HKS cooler, dumpvalve, GTSS turbo, evoc management, 540cc injectors, electronic boost controller... Was on 160wkw on 0.5 bar boost and 180wkw on 1 bar boost. Got the consumption on 0.5 bar.

The green sx I only bought recently for phoenix, so if you check the for sale section you can see all the mods on it

sly gxi
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by sly gxi »

sup bro

from my expierence . i used my s14 as a daily for a while. with reagrds to reliability she has behaved, small issues here and there. my car has some mods so its a bit difficult in traffic. my leg really feels it with the clutch. also with my suspension she is very hard on roads,.

i rekon if she is gona be standard she might be better as a daily. but if she is modified , dont expect comfort, also my consumption is crap, but thats prob cause she is dieng for a tune up.

other than that, its a awesome car to drive,

Slow

Post by Slow »

Thanks for the input guys!!

Will keep a look out for a S14. Never even driven one myself :oops: