S13 Wanted

Want to sell your Car Post it here

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

bma325
Slipping Clutch

S13 Wanted

Post by bma325 »

This car is my unicorn man :facepalm:

Ive always wanted one but whenever I decide to buy one, something else comes along and I end up buying that...so heres to crossing the SX line

looking for one with a straight body R35-R40k

[smilie=200sx_sweatdrop.gif]
The Subaru enthusiast, however, will see the lack of equipment as a good thing. Equipment is weight. Weight blunts acceleration. Weight is bad.
- Clarkson

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator
Car: S13

Re: S13 Wanted

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

buddy i think you might need to up your budget a bit for a neat sx. what are you going to use the car for?
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

bma325
Slipping Clutch

Post by bma325 »

Really just want a cheap, fun replacement for the WRX i just sold. I know i should probably up the price but im also in the market for my first home so that's not really possible right now.

so far 2 came up withing my range...thoughts?

needs a wing delete mod :) R35k

Motor:
CA18DET motor
cometic head gasket
ARP stud bolts
GT30 ballbearing turbo
bigger injectors
dicktator management
HKS backbox and freeflow exhaust
dumpvalve and wastegate
front mount intercooler
serviced
road tuned
valve stem seals and all gaskets just replaced
running at 0.5 bar boost

Ian gloss custom shocks just fitted with 40mm lowering kit

exterior:
midnight blue
17 inch narrow and wide racing hearts with spacers
rear drift spoiler
sunroof

Interior:
stock bucket seats
boost gauge

*car needs TLC - mostly cosmetic it can either be used as is for drifting or finished off and used as a stunning road car. 90% of the mechanics are sorted, i have spent over 20k on the car so it runs strong.

reason for sale.. need a real easy everyday drive that isn't so fast as i drive long distances and often- real attention grabber !!

*car needs respray and some body work
and a little tender loving car
And this one needs fuel management - R38k

Hi guys
I'm selling my 200sx s13,Reason is I work in Namibia and need a bakkie to take me over the dirt roads. Just spent R22K overhauling the complete motor. Needs a aftermarket fuel management system. This ride is definitely a beaut.R38000 not neg.sold as is.
For further info contact Adrian
The Subaru enthusiast, however, will see the lack of equipment as a good thing. Equipment is weight. Weight blunts acceleration. Weight is bad.
- Clarkson

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

id take the first 1
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

first one is almost worth it in parts and work done

bma325
Slipping Clutch

Post by bma325 »

anything to look out for when viewing these cars?
- Clarkson

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

knocking noises coming from the motor smoke coming out the exhaust hesitation through out the rev range usual stuff

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac
Engine: SR

Post by Charlvdw »

Its more important to get a decent body.
197rwkw ,376nm

Hotstuff
Club Rep

Post by Hotstuff »

Charlvdw wrote:Its more important to get a decent body.
Ya, I keep telling my wife that too..

Jokes aside. Charl is correct.

There are many reasons why people sell these awesome cars, mostly because the repairs needed to get something done is not worth justifying. It's very easy to buy someone else's problems when buying these cars. This also explains the LOVE/HATE relationship some of us have.

I also have to agree with Derek on the fact that sometimes the "groceries" installed are worth more than the value of what the car itself. Also bear in mind that if not executed correctly and expensive quality parts are installed with incorrect tools and lack of experience / knowledge, things can and may go wrong.

Try to be as critical as possible when purchasing any sx that has had some work done. There are some cars that are in excellent condition for its purpose and there are other that appear to be. The cars don't get sold overnight so be patient and do not take anything for granted. Ask as many questions and request backup documentation of items installed in the cars (receipts of expensive items purchased).

Good luck and hope you'll be sporting a new SX soon!
'92 White S13

bma325
Slipping Clutch

Post by bma325 »

Thanks for all the reply's

Hopefully I'll be an active Forum member after this weekend :)

Fingers crossed!
- Clarkson