Clutch issue (Pedal Delay)

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

GE TJOONED
Banned
Car: Supra
Engine: RB

Re: Clutch issue (Pedal Delay)

Post by GE TJOONED »

Looks like you're clutch is on its way out ,Had the same issue with the SR ..Try and avoid the longer pin as sometimes it leaves the clutch semi-engaged,That could be your issue ,what i would suggest is change the piston in the slave to a longer one , The sloyota's have the same diameter if im not mistaken..one from the old box corollas might be an option.

@ sly trust me im so gatvol of this gearbox story,first gearbox smashed into pieces lol well with abit of hard driving but ...thats another story for another day ,i think the normal sr20 box is a feather to lift up compared to the fatboy one :facepalm:

But now it looks i can finally take her for some tuning :D :D :D :D :D :D And turn up the boost as well,

Will try and document the build on a new thread abit later

seriously impressed with the power though(my opinion it makes far more power at the stock boost than my det at 2 bar)

Only one problem i see ......I DONT HAVE NO TRACTION TILL 4TH GEAR :facepalm: ,My first drive was the best as i didn't expect what would happen when i plant the pedal down."Scared the shit outta me,the gearbox,the neighbors, and pedestrians because we didn't know where the front would face after every gear change" lol
The New daily : 2008 ASTRA OPC H (CPI Stage 3 Build)
The Toy:Vacant

99 200GXI (EX)
97 200SX S14 (EX)
98 200GSI(EX)
98 200GXI(EX)
92 GLI EXEC 20V (EX)
92 GLI EXEC TURBO(EX)
97 200 GXI(EX)
86 GLI 20V(EX)
96 CONQUEST(EX)
61 FORD ANGLIA 4AGE (EX)

sly gxi
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: Other
Engine: SR

Post by sly gxi »

nice bro. sounds seriously strong! even on stock boost to be stronger than a SR on 2 bar , it must be a beast , well done,

fancy a run before the tune up ? i also need a tune up, so we can use each other for before and after comparison. im game to run tonight if you are .

GE TJOONED
Banned

Post by GE TJOONED »

Ill have to decline that bro ,im sure it would be a lovely idea ( not backing out or anything ) But the rb isn't quite set if i can put in that way,She's spitting out thick clouds of fuel smoke and trust me when i say THICK lol,once i get her mapped then by all means ill be ever so happy to take you up on that offer.

Just trying to avoid any Bangs/Booms or knocks as i spent a shit load of moola on this and i've had many hard knocks in my days.

Also have a problem where the spark plugs shit and the car cuts off and does not wanna start unless i change the plugs again.guess its the excess fuel left unburnt.

So once i get her to the dyno..Ill be out and about again.

99 200GXI (EX)
97 200SX S14 (EX)
98 200GSI(EX)
98 200GXI(EX)
92 GLI EXEC 20V (EX)
92 GLI EXEC TURBO(EX)
97 200 GXI(EX)
86 GLI 20V(EX)
96 CONQUEST(EX)
61 FORD ANGLIA 4AGE (EX)

sly gxi
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by sly gxi »

no prob dude. when you ready lemme know, i havent gauged against a RB sx yet. so would like to see how badly i catch a hiding .

GE TJOONED
Banned

Post by GE TJOONED »

lol i think at stock boost it would be close as you have some decent mods.

have a nice cooler here that would work brilliantly on your sx ,Pm me if interested

99 200GXI (EX)
97 200SX S14 (EX)
98 200GSI(EX)
98 200GXI(EX)
92 GLI EXEC 20V (EX)
92 GLI EXEC TURBO(EX)
97 200 GXI(EX)
86 GLI 20V(EX)
96 CONQUEST(EX)
61 FORD ANGLIA 4AGE (EX)

sly gxi
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by sly gxi »

be nice to see. lol harldy have any performance mods besides the slight biger turbo ( cant be boosted over a bar due to stock internals) and 76mm zorst.

thats sounds good ,when we meetup il come check it . my MB sprinter cooler is restricting me big time.