Clear Cam cover

Discuss your In-car entertainment, interior accessories, and body kits here.

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

yeah - you would look like a wanker with one arm bigger than the other!!!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

widowmaker
200SX Maniac
Car: S13

Post by widowmaker »

veecee wrote:yeah - you would look like a wanker with one arm bigger than the other!!!
hey! slow down there! my mother's one arm is bigger than her other
cockvomit!
[smilie=200sx_osama.gif]

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

that is surely one of your more disgusting names that you have called people!!!

i thought cockmonkey was funny, but you crossed the "siff" line there, witlowmaker!!!!

@gary - i have a very nice pic of the mounting holes for the ca18det cam cover, and i dont think it will work at all!!! sorry man.

a friend of mine is experimenting with resin molds for making custom tail lights for himself - if he's successful, we can try to make a ca18det cam cover too!!!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

a friend of mine is experimenting with resin molds for making custom tail lights for himself - if he's successful, we can try to make a ca18det cam cover too!!!
Ok cool.

I need those clear fog lights aswell 8) .

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

veecee wrote:that is surely one of your more disgusting names that you have called people!!!

i thought cockmonkey was funny, but you crossed the "siff" line there, witlowmaker!!!!
well, sorry then and i apologise profusely with deep heart felt sincerity - it truly was not my intention to offend nor to impede on your fragility gangreenclit

anyway, i tried making light covers, but...
resin 1) isn't UV proof 2) hard and brittle 3) not really clear enough 4) impossible to get thin AND even 5) light through them sucks 6) light generates heat - resin doesnt like heat - makes it flacid again and then they start looking like an old plaashuis' 300 year old glass windows - thin at the top and bulbous at the bottom.

nope, dont work, but at least i give reasons - where is that post of sumwan saying "someone i know have tried it and it definitively wont work" - thats stupid. saying I tried it 12 times and threw away R2000 in the process gives you more cred. dont you think

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

But then how come they can make CF bonnets??

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

anti UV coating and gellcoat - i have that :) without that the resin goes yellow and crackey

but it only looks shiney and nice and translucent cozof there's dark stuff behind it.

i went to find out from plstic company to get uv resistant sheet poly
i need mike's old lights though - first make mould, then cut lense off, then put into my vacuum oven for some lovin
by the way, clearcorners also ask you to send in your old lights then the send you new ones

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

So when will we have our first sets??