clutch bleeding

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator
Car: S13

clutch bleeding

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

hi guys been having this issue for a while now decided its time to sort it out seen its nearly time to start driving the car. after the engine rebuild my clutch lost pressure so i did a quick bleed the car goes into gear now but before the clutch is fully engaged (if you riding the clutch) it squeals badly almost like a metal on metal rub think maybe my slave cylinder has a leak in it would that cause the problem? id like to do a full proper bleed whats the process i must do master bleed first then slave or just slave and is there any special way i must bleed it?
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Draco
Forum Whore

Re: clutch bleeding

Post by Draco »

The way I do it is I open the bleeding valve on the slave, keep it open, then someone keeps on pumping the clutch so that break fluid pushes through the line, do this plenty times, refill the top 3-4 times, then while the person keeps the clutch pressed, close the valve, then start the normal bleeding procedure.

Honestly I still think you have other issues but I would reccomend you replace the master and slave cylinder seals, then blead it, if that does not do the trick you can start looking at your gearbox, while you doing that also replace you thrust bearing.

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

sig[/sig]

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Can't see the pic....what u do Danny??

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

Draco wrote:Can't see the pic....what u do Danny??
Can you see it now?
Attachments
s13 clutch.png
sig[/sig]

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Bluddy marvelous!!!

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

guys on this topic was said to replace thrust bearing where can one get a proper thrust bearing for the CA as i am busy doing a 4puck button for mine and noticed that my thrust bearing is very noisy, and also i need a slave cylinder mine is in very bad shape and a kit wont help me i need a new or second hand unit any thoughts on where to get thrust bearing and slave cylinder? thanks

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

thrust bearing try nissan themselves http://200sx.za.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9838
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"