AEM afr gauge configuration to wolf software

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Draco
Forum Whore
Car: S13

AEM afr gauge configuration to wolf software

Post by Draco »

Hi guys, need some savvy here, installed the aem afr gauge and lamda set, on idle it shows an afr of around 11 which is very rich, when I make it leaner it jumps to around 13-15 sometimes off the chart jumping around, idling gets very bad and splutters and what not. Other than that the aem guage has a 0-5V analog output to connect to ecu's to show the afr, I connected this output to the wolf V4 ecu to the oxy afr signal input, so I'm getting a reading on the software but is way off
Can't get it to correspond, there is a calibration setting on the output of the gauge to calabrate it on diffirent Volts, 0-1, 0-5, 1-2 and so forth....no matter what I do, can not get the software on the wolf to show the same as the gauge...even if it does how do I know the aem gauge is accurate.

Gary57
Club Rep

Re: AEM afr gauge configuration to wolf software

Post by Gary57 »

You would need to be able to calibrate it to the same as the Bosch LSM11 sensor, I don't you can do this.

But my question is why would you want to? Why not just get the car tuned and leave it as that. Just use the gauge as information and for trouble shooting.
DriftZ: "I swear if a CA18 beats my SR im getting a RB!"

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Because the guys down here does not know the wolf3D, I know of one tuner that tuned wolf before, he charges well over R1000, if I could get it to work I can record the afr with the data logging and tune accordingly, basicly why most guys do it, to tune their cars themselves without running to the tuners.

BigKriss
SX Forumholic
Car: S14
Engine: RB

Post by BigKriss »

A few things here, Firstly I did not like the AEM setup so never really went into it at depth.
Secondly, all systems need free air calibrating before use and after installation. It needs the free air value as a reference point.
Wide bands normally output 0-5 v or 0-7 volts. Narrow bands output 0-1 v nominally.
What input range does the Wolf 3d cater for ? Logic tells me it should work fine on a wideband .

I`m afraid that is pretty much my contribution here, not knowing the Wolf3d system either.

Enzio
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Enzio »

I cannot comment on the Wolf.

As for the AEM UEGO:
- the LSU4.2 sensor is calibrated by AEM and does not require "free air" calibration. Thus you have to replace the sensor with one supplied by AEM if needed.
- Check the ground for your analogue output, it has to be very good.
- Make sure your signal wires are shielded from noise sources.
- Presumably you are using the white wire for the analogue output, as described in the manual. So you can wire up the RS232 connector and check the output via HyperTerminal to verify that there is no internal fault.
- Your calibration probably needs to be P0 or P1, but you will have to check what the Wolf requires (voltages and whether it should be linear or not)

Bottom line, double check the installation and RTFM :mrgreen:
Hope you get it sorted, I am still very impressed with the value for money and great performance of the AEM UEGO.
Image S13 CA18DET, NIStune and...oh wait no that's gone..... Image

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

The LSM11 to which the wolf is calibrated is rich at around 800MV(0.8V) and lean at 0V,the closest calibration to that is the 0-1V calibration, according to the AEM graft setting setting 3 is spot on if I remember right, still with the right setting it does not read right, I will check the connections but something just seems off...murphy..

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

I am still struggling to get the right reading on the wolf but it is closer at least.

I want to add some infor here, specially about the rich idle, my car idled very rich, 11 afr at the leanest, if I go leaner the car sounds bad, yesterday I opened my spark gap a little and was able to lean out the idle plenty, I am now idling(depending on engine and air temp) between 13 and 15.

I believe me changing the spak gap have a lot to do with that, just some info should someone ever incounter the same problem.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

I am still struggling to get the right reading on the wolf but it is closer at least.

I want to add some infor here, specially about the rich idle, my car idled very rich, 11 afr at the leanest, if I go leaner the car sounds bad, yesterday I opened my spark gap a little and was able to lean out the idle plenty, I am now idling(depending on engine and air temp) between 13 and 15.

I believe me changing the spak gap have a lot to do with that, just some info should someone ever incounter the same problem.