ecu options

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic
Car: S13
Engine: SR

Re: ecu options

Post by Ero_sennin »

Pinkfluffybunnys wrote:I have had the same argument on many forums and it boils down to this. (Honest truth, Its dry but you can drink it )

If you don’t want to learn or understand what your car is doing and why and how, And just want to drop your car off at a tuner and pick it up go Dictator\Go Tech…ect because there are tuners around every corner.

BUT

If you would like to grow a pair and spend more than the 2-8 hours that the dyno tuner spent pulling out your stock system that Nissan spent 8 months tuning to maybe get your car setup correctly by yourself since you know the car and drive it daily then take the NISTune or ( add Standalone here) option but go into this to learn.

It’s your decision

I normally don’t post in this type of thread because if I have to explain the difference between a Dictator\Go-Teck..ect and NIStune\LINK..ect then its better off for the other party to go with common Management systems.

I’m not saying that Dictator\Go-tech…ect aren’t good systems , I just know the fast cars running on those systems that are daily with good fuel consumption tuned by a tuner have been to that Tuner and dyno more then they will tell you and going to the tuner for a bad warm idle or bad cold start adds up over time (What do they ask R350 with a dyno run *estimate*)

To each his own
Exactly [smilie=200sx_200sx.gif]
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

Drillergy
SX Forumholic

Post by Drillergy »

carburetors ftw!

harleyzx1400
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by harleyzx1400 »

Naaa, I do not need a long explanation. My Dicktator works for me, thanks anyway. Cheers.

smash!!
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by smash!! »

Good morning guys .

ok here goes i dont wanna start a war on this awesome fourm ...

the reason im asking about it is because for about a year it will be a daily .
i would love to learn how to tune my car but the only problem is i dont have the cash if it blows up. so for me it would be better to send it to someone that has tuned turbo cars for a long time and has alot of experiance with them.

i will look at both options and how easy it will be to tune the nistune system. still havnt decided on a system yet.

thanks all for your input on this. 8)

harleyzx1400
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by harleyzx1400 »

Yip, works for me. I am to old to learn about all these things!!! I suppose a Nistune system that works in conjunction with your stock ECU will be a better option as it will cover all of the parameters etc, but the Dicktator was just easiest for me. That's why I said I am waiting for the kaboom!! I think they are quite reliable as a lot of people use them. Anyways, good luck.