missfire?

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

made in japan
Car: Other

missfire?

Post by made in japan »

So, driving along the n1 my little sentra decides to embarrass me....... The car suddenly lost power, then roared back to life with an ear shattering backfire, needless to say i nearly crapped myself. Eversince then it has been doing it on a regular basis and jerks while driving. Now, heres what ive done so far (without any success i might add): replaced fuel pump and filter, replaced injector o rings, replaced plugs and coilpack tips, re adjusted the cam and ignition timing, sealed every possible air leak on the intake and made sure that its not an earth issue. So i beg, any ideas? Its a ca18 running on a diktator system. :?
My wife wanted a vw, i am now divorced.....

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator
Car: S13

Re: missfire?

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

Diktator does not have sequential fueling a badly mapped ecu could cause bad backfires you diktator could be faulty. Did u replace plugs?
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Grobblere
0.6 Bar Boost

Post by Grobblere »

This is just a guess, but check your module. Sounds like its losing spark when it dies down....If that doesnt help then it might be the dictator, borrow a dictator from someone and copy your mapping onto it and run it to see if there is any difference.

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Ero_sennin »

Check if your hall sensor isn't loose (the magnetic pickup, pos)
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac
Engine: SR

Post by Charlvdw »

Have you replaced the fpr?
197rwkw ,376nm

DeepPocketRocket
Car: Other
Engine: VG

Post by DeepPocketRocket »

You have checked the earths so now check the positive feeds to the ecu, if you rev counter needle drops when she cut out then you have a loss of power to the ignition. This normally results in a backfire due to unburnt fuel in the exhaust.