A wise man learns by the mistakes of others,
a fool by his own.

ljS14
Over Boosting
Car: Evo

Re: 1JZ vs RB25

Post by ljS14 »

I know its for your fun BUT think about the following,
ifs actually painful trying to sell a RB SX and you end up loosing a fortune on the car, NOW try having a Toyota motor in there :facepalm: . a member tried for ages a few years ago trying to sell his 2JZ S13 . the price was awesome but nobody wanted the car :facepalm:

there is a very good reason guys drop SR20's into S13's :wink: its popular cause it works [smilie=200sx_200sx.gif]
1991 S13 200SX
1993 Z32 300ZX Convertable
Evo 8

BigKriss
SX Forumholic
Car: S14
Engine: RB

Post by BigKriss »

Seriously ??
"The BMW M57 is a straight-6 diesel engine produced from 1998. It won the "2.5–3 L" category of the International Engine of the Year award for 1999 through ..."

Riekert
The Overlord
Car: S13
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

:grin: still busy fixing that R800 Sr :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

DriftSX
Slipping Clutch
Engine: 2JZ

Post by DriftSX »

ljS14 wrote:I know its for your fun BUT think about the following,
ifs actually painful trying to sell a RB SX and you end up loosing a fortune on the car, NOW try having a Toyota motor in there :facepalm: . a member tried for ages a few years ago trying to sell his 2JZ S13 . the price was awesome but nobody wanted the car :facepalm:

there is a very good reason guys drop SR20's into S13's :wink: its popular cause it works [smilie=200sx_200sx.gif]
I can agree with you with RB25's & 2JZ S13's going for cheap, I could of picked up a RB-S13 for 45k but already bought my 7M-S13..
But put a RB26 in an S13 at a reasonable prices, guys will be begging banks for personal loans lol..

I will say again SR20DET tooooooo common... :facepalm: lol..

Nissans Don't get old ... They get Faster... [smilie=200sx_200sx.gif]

DriftSX
Slipping Clutch

Post by DriftSX »

andre_sx wrote:R8500 I amgoing m57
R8500 you say.... Uhmmm trying my luck now.. Is that with gearbox????????????? Lol :oops:

DriftSX
Slipping Clutch

Post by DriftSX »

So I called Mikes Place....

1JZ Twin Turbo - R11 900

1JZ VVTI - Same Price

Oh and I quote "I have an engine here for you, we have 1 left, you better come have a look because prices will be going up soon, this is the time to buy now"....

Only to find the consultant was refering to a 2JZ.. Lol when I mentioned the 1JZ he was like oh ya we have lots come in I got a nice one for you..

P3g4sus
Club Drifter
Car: Supra

Post by P3g4sus »

just my 2c

1/2 JZ is very good motors if keeping the car, RB/SR will sell better, but only just.
I Had an offer on my car for R200k and stupid me didnt go for it, then the next week i pretty much wrote it off.

if i had to do everything over, i would not put a a SR20 in it.
Power is nothing without control,
Control is not fun without power.
Traction is over rated. :twisted:

DriftSX
Slipping Clutch

Post by DriftSX »

P3g4sus wrote:just my 2c

1/2 JZ is very good motors if keeping the car, RB/SR will sell better, but only just.
I Had an offer on my car for R200k and stupid me didnt go for it, then the next week i pretty much wrote it off.

Thanx for the feed back.. Nah won't sell my sx for the world.. Can't sell something I've been chasing for 3years.

Did you have the S13 with the 2JZ conversion? 200k is a damn lot but you've probably spent more than that on your conversion.

If the SR20 cost as much as a RB25 then why not go RB25? To convert to RB25 would cost more than the SR but you can achieve much more power plus you have bragging rights "I'm running a skyline engine" 8) If the SR was cheaper than I would definetly buy it. Better fuel Efficiency with decent power..

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

DriftSX wrote:

Thanx for the feed back.. Nah won't sell my sx for the world.. Can't sell something I've been chasing for 3years.
Same just add another 9 years to your number:grin:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

DriftZ
200SX Maniac
Car: S15
Engine: SR

Post by DriftZ »

SR!

P3g4sus
Club Drifter
Car: Supra

Post by P3g4sus »

DriftSX wrote:

Did you have the S13 with the 2JZ conversion? 200k is a damn lot but you've probably spent more than that on your conversion.

If the SR20 cost as much as a RB25 then why not go RB25? To convert to RB25 would cost more than the SR but you can achieve much more power plus you have bragging rights "I'm running a skyline engine" 8) If the SR was cheaper than I would definetly buy it. Better fuel Efficiency with decent power..
Yeah same with me, I wont sell my car any time soon, I love it to bits, even now that it resembles a banana.....

The 2JZ is an abselute monster on torque and driving pleasure, but if you want to do it, you need to do it properly, with the correct gearbox, turbo, injectors and so on

If you need any info on the conversion and parts, you can call me anytime
Power is nothing without control,
Control is not fun without power.
Traction is over rated. :twisted: