Stand alone vs piggy back

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Grobblere
0.6 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Re: Stand alone vs piggy back

Post by Grobblere »

Thats a good point Enzio! If you dont run the NIstune then something like a AMS standalone would be the best for daily, these systems cost R8000+ (Excludes wiring ofr R2500) but then they use the knock sensors

If you run a dictator, you better get someonce decent to tune....Otherwise it would be bye bye motor... The Dictator for the Ca18det which would run sequential and the coil packs are R3950, Then you will still need a module R650. (Im running this bit with a 60-2 wheel instead of te disi) Install is another R850, Tune is another R1500 (decent) total price would be around R 7400.00 to run stand alone

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator
Car: S13

Re: Stand alone vs piggy back

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

Enzio wrote:Since this question comes up SO many times, I think this belongs here.

Everybody should read this: http://nistune.com/docs/NIStune_Mapping_Guide.pdf

The purpose of this document is NOT to say NIStune is the best, because that is simply not true - and the document deals with Nissan ECU's in general and not NIStune daughterboards.
This document simply shows what makes up your car's stock ECU: the number of fuel and timing maps, as well as the various compensations and safeties built in.

The idea is to get you to think of what your new "management" is offering you, and perhaps get you to consider what makes a good ECU and what you require vs. what some random company's marketing machine tells you.
Every option is a compromise. Cost vs Performance vs Reliability.

Happy trails!
is a very good point but this is why i like this perfect power this smt8 is a piggy back so still got alot of the safety features and if i get perfect power to tune it then it should be fine .there really isnt a person that knows the system better
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"