Is my chassis warped?

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Is my chassis warped?

Post by troopiec »

Hi guys, when i bought my 200sx i did a detailed inspection and all i could find is that there is a few knocked spots under the chassis from speed bumps and my rear right fender near the tank has evidence of a small dent repair but nothing major, however my boot lid when closed there is a slight gap on the right hand side, and my passenger door also sticks out a little when it is closed, i see that there has been repairs made to the passenger door near the side mirror due to what looks like a rust spot, and my bootlid was really overkilled with body filler in attempts to cover up the oem wing mounts.

If i open my boot lid you can see that the boot is a bit warped so im hoping that its the boot need replacing, but what about my door :facepalm:

I got the car for a good price at R40 000 and i know i wont find a perfect sx but something that really annoys me is when doors and stuff dont sit lined up. Im a bit of a perfectionest.

There is no rust spots atall on the body and theres no evidence of repairs except for the fender and door, and the car was resprayed aswell but to the original color with a spec to it

heres some pics for you guys to see:

right side of boot

left side of boot

passenger door

drivers door

if i put pressure on the boot and the door i can push them in how they are supposed to sit but obviously they dont stay.

NIZAN-R
Over Boosting

Re: Is my chassis warped?

Post by NIZAN-R »

do you have a pick of the boot (right side) from the top?
She is not the CA that could be
She is the CA that IS
(O=O)/RS13\(O=O)
"if you only need one jack to raise your car, then your car isn't low enough"
"EVERYDAY I'M FLUTTERING!"

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by troopiec »

Here you go:

I need to replace the boot anyways because they plakked it so full of body filler the guy at the body shop said i should rather bring him a rusted boot that he can fix properly

NIZAN-R
Over Boosting

Post by NIZAN-R »

body there looks right
boot lid looks to be the problem
sand it back maybe its not too bad and could be repaired
adjust your left door striker in wards
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=s13+d ... s:19,i:138
She is the CA that IS
(O=O)/RS13\(O=O)

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by troopiec »

Thanks for the tip, i was wondering if you could adjust that, look at the difference:

Thats with it adjusted all the way in. stil not 100% perfect in my eyes but hell of alot better! thanks man, and yea i also think the boot is the problem because you can see the boot is a bit scew when you open it, and surley if it was my chassi the bootlid would only go scew when you force it closed.

But there is literally like a 2cm thick layer of body filler on the top, its bad, a magnet wont even stick to the top of the boot!

NIZAN-R
Over Boosting

Post by NIZAN-R »

you can try to adjust the door lock/latch(in the door) out a bit then it will be perfect
boot does look twisted
there is ruber adjusters on the bootlid that screw in and out you can try adjusting
She is the CA that IS
(O=O)/RS13\(O=O)