Re: R33 GT-R

Post by rat »

Hot Plates are Sexy

Tobie
0.5 Bar Boost
Engine: RB

Post by Tobie »

A couple of phone calls and one would know.
400m = 11.9sec @ 187km/h @ Midvaal

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac
Car: S13
Engine: SR

Post by Charlvdw »

If i were to guest ill say it is, with those plates.
197rwkw ,376nm

JohnB
0.2 Bar Boost
Car: Other
Engine: SR

Post by JohnB »

Careful with just assuming because it has GP plates that is legal, guy is busy loosing his Supra that has GP plates but no import permit.

Also those are new type plates so that person would possibly not have owned it for 2 years yet.

Just check all documents and check as in with Itaq themselves etc not just the hard copy as false sets of papers are available....

BigKriss
SX Forumholic
Car: S14

Post by BigKriss »

"Also those are new type plates so that person would possibly not have owned it for 2 years yet."

On the button here John. Lot of these cars are suddenly being dumped as the guys try and recoup money instead.

White Fang
Over Boosting
Car: S13

Post by White Fang »

Ok so 4 things that dont match up .

i will show you , what i can pick up . And all 4 show me a big nono, Its like seeing a cop on freeway he is doing 120-150km ............ And you shoot past him at 200-250 , yoiu gonna kak ......... in the tjoekkie

1 . 98 Model ............ From what i know ................. dont even bother ....
2. Number plates are brand spanking new ............ 2 years ? dont think so !
3. Gumtree , is a big nono for Inport tjorries
4. The price does not match up , If its to good to be true , it is 2 good to be true
Whap Whap
1.3 - i Turbo
No Piston's
No Valve's
No gass , just me kicking your ASS

Tobie
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by Tobie »

If a guy really wants a R33 GT-R and this is one of his options, let him be warned about all of the above, but do not blindly discourage him, let him do the homework, and if red lights pop up, retract interest.

Most things may be logically explained, but one thing is, that the Skyline GT-R was classified to my knowledge as a collectors item in the last quarter of last year, hence the 2 year resale dilemma, but then again I could be wrong?
400m = 11.9sec @ 187km/h @ Midvaal

scunick
Slipping Clutch

Post by scunick »

I have imported a R33 GTR and you do have to own them in your own name for 2 years. You can get them landed in SA for R160,000 but they are generally rather scrubby at that price and need some serious work. Questions to be asking are:
Original Sale documentation from Japan (this will tell you if it has accident damage or not)
SIght of the billof loading in Japan
Sight of Original Import Permit
Sight of Police Inspection Report
Sight of Interpol Clearance Report
Sight of Police Clearance Report

If he can get you all of this and he has had it REGISTERED in his/her name for 2 years then it might be legit and worth a look. Big issue is that these price basically on condition in Japan. I have seen some go for nothing as they were just going to be cut up and parted out.

Bringing them in is a pain in the ass, but do it right and you have an exclusive and fun car that few others have. The law is the law and going around it just makes your life difficult.

JMHO

Later

Nick