God damn those rears tires are slippery

Discuss your In-car entertainment, interior accessories, and body kits here.

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Jinx
Slipping Clutch
Car: S13

God damn those rears tires are slippery

Post by Jinx »

Hi there. My name is eugene, i'm 18 years old and dont exactly have a license yet. I"ve just inherited my fathers S13 200sx. Its a dream come true. Untill today, Friday, May 18th, when i realised how much of a spanner i really am. I took my baby out for a spin cause she was getting lonely, she always does on fridays. And decided to go and get her washed with the free voucher i had for a full valet. So on the way theres this corner that i know fairly well (I was travelling at 100km/h at the time) and i thought, well, from my experience with this car so far (which aint much) i've found it really sticks well around corners so i slacked down to probaby 70 - 80 and turned. this is where me being a effing spanner comes in. i realised it was i little too fast and just tapped the brakes a little to slow down, unlucky for me there was some slippery gravel and tapping the brakes shifted the weight forward... needless to say the rear slid out and there i was caught in what would be a pretty cool drift. so i corrected and sent the rear the other way, by this time i was enjoying it and didnt bother using those things called 'brakes' to stop. Having come out of the corner fine and now on a narrow straight in a tremedous drift with tyres screaming the neighbourhood babies awake, I, from a lack of good ol' drifting experience wasn't sure what to do. in and attemp to staighen out, i over corrected. This was extremely unfortunate as i just hit another patch of perticularly slippery sand on this oh-so-sandy and evil road, which sent me into a neat 180, onto the pavement with tree PERFECTLY in the middly of my bumber.
Bumber, lights and bonnet that the damaj, luckily nothing to do with the radiator or the rest of the vital organs.
The new parts shouldn't cost more than what my psychologist will charge me after the intensive therapy i need... you know coming to terms with being a right 'droos'. But fortunately i know where to get hold of my pshychologist but i dont know where to get a sylish new bumber, lights and bonnet. my love will expect nothing less after what i did to her... :(:(:(

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

That is very unfortunate, sorry to hear man.

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

sylish new bumber, lights and bonnet. my love will expect nothing less after what i did to her...
ohhh these youngsters :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Jinx
Slipping Clutch

Post by Jinx »

i know i'm young :oops: ... but you cant blame me for wanting to make up for what i did by maker my car look a little nicer with new parts.
look i do agree with you though, just going all flashy just aint cool. so i dont want to go over-board with ultra-kitch bells and whistles. i just want to have something sleek and subltle for a bumber and then the lights bonnet i'll keep standard... well maybe a scoop in the bonnet cause its just looks so effing cool. but i'm not fussy, i just dont want it to be evident that i hit a tree, otherwise, its whats on the inside that counts! :D

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

welcome... and you've misread chemmie there...

check the pics (of his car) on the site :twisted:

how bad is your bumperder? i might want to make a mould outa it - then i can make verrry prrretty things for the tools, uhh i mean members.

you are where?

WooHaa
0.6 Bar Boost

Post by WooHaa »

Hey Jinx.
firstly with a name like that, I'd also be worried driving around.

Secondly, been there done that. Except a light pole jumped out at me. & mine wasn't even drifting or even driving fast, slide on a wet road going about 50km, around a corner.

Parts, are a bitch. I sold my car eventually with the prang, but when I called Nissan, bonnet was about R5000.00. Come to think about it, everything was about R5000.00 & you had to wait 6 to 8 weeks. That's after nissan figure out what a 200sx is. Otherwise you'll have a s13 with a sti front end.

Keep your eye's on the junkmail, as people are stripping these cars as well, sometimes......or hardly, but depends on the month.

Anyway, good luck, keep it real & if I can find any information, I will let you know.
Steer From the Rear !!

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Ero_sennin »

Agreed
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

i do recall that a while back i questioned the wisdom of being friendly with a dude named jinx!!!

hey man - keep drifting on the track dude. far less pavements and poles to hit!

as for repairs, its not gonna be cheap. go to nissan for new parts. ouch!

but if you can make do with 2nd's, then scour papers like junkmail, and places like bonnerts, and other scrapyards and salvage yards!

or import a bumper and carbon bonnet to make your sx look yummy!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Jinx
Slipping Clutch

Post by Jinx »

i reckon going to nissan for new parts is going to be painful for my wallet bear anyway so i might as well spend a 'bit' more and get new bumbers and a carbon fibre bonnet like dorito suggested but the question is how much is a 'bit'. i mean what are we looking at for importing? besides just the words 'carbon fibre' sound expensive. never-the-less its worth checking out. anybody know where i can look?

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Jinx wrote:i reckon going to nissan for new parts is going to be painful for my wallet bear anyway so i might as well spend a 'bit' more and get new bumbers and a carbon fibre bonnet like dorito suggested but the question is how much is a 'bit'. i mean what are we looking at for importing? besides just the words 'carbon fibre' sound expensive. never-the-less its worth checking out. anybody know where i can look?
go speak to jerry at import parts for the CF bumper - he's a friendly guy!

i also went through this with my sx, and i had to replace structural body parts - it was expensive, but not as bad as you might think. and nissan had the parts on the shelf. i had to get a complete front valance and strut tower, battery bracket assembly. they were about 2 grand each, brand new, welded together, and primered black. that included delivery to my door in less than 2 days!

so dont stress too much - although i dont know what body parts will cost!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Ero_sennin »

hehehe good idea then window can make us some moulds,
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13