Wesbank Drift Update 16 May 2007

It's all about going side ways YO!

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

i'll take that job!

the truth is:

the R33 (Florin) was struggling with his new diff which is no longer a limited slip one. it was the only one he could find to replace the old one. so he really had to be heavy on the throttle to get the thing drifting like it normally does. i've never heard that RB25DET sounding so good. boost is up a bit too, and it is now seriously quick.

the rotary belongs to his wife tess , is set up for top end with a mahoosive GT42 turbo. not ideal, but rudi drifts it like a king. rudi was practicing a new technique, and the rx7 guys prefer to initiate a drift with a clutch kick rather than a handbrake, or foot brake. much more difficult as you maintain more momentum through the corner, and you basically accelerate to get the drift started.

the blue sx with the gold rims??? i've never seen one, but i will give you the benefit of the doubt because it was night time. you must be referring to me, because as far as i know i am the only person with rims that are close to gold on an s13. so lets rephrase - the grey sx with the bronze rims (vaughn) has plenty of power to sustain a drift, but had traction problems due to completely scrubbed out tires on the rear, and a very cold track. because of this i had to carry far less speed into a corner in order to avoid spinning out, or off of track completely. LOL - i also struggled to see the track with the oval track lights shining in my face. but no excuses, near the end of the evening i wasn't completing the horseshoe on the way back in.

new guy - chris - in a red s13. well done to him for being such a die-hard. he was practicing from 3pm until after everyone had left. he's getting there, and with dedication like that its only a matter of time until he's a savage on the track. he also nearly had 2 accidents, and when i drove his car we also nearly had a full frontal crash into the tire barrier.

orange sx - jonothan - well done dude. jay was linking all the corners like the drift master he has become. if you wanna see some excellent skill then look out for jay. nuff said.

maroon s14 - charel - didnt drift.

we really missed anthony in his 200rx, and dorne' and stefan in their rx7's, and bruno with his kitted white s13 (rb25det coversion soon to be complete), christopher in his e30 (also soon to have a new engine).

and we would like to see more new members. gremlin and vlade - thats a call out to you guys!

lastly - who cares about a stoopid corsa on the 1/4???!!!???
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

forgot to mention that a certain 200sx club knob was also sorely missed, and that we eagerly await an ol skool drift pig to pitch up to show us how its done - classic style!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Sokar
1.0 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Post by Sokar »

Aaaw, you make me wanna cry..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Soon young padawan, soon......
Captain Slow to the rescue!

Stephen Swanepoel
0.5 Bar Boost

Veecee

Post by Stephen Swanepoel »

Nice job, I was there last night for the first time.
veecee covered well.

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Nice update vc.... would be great if we had some pics. I'll put this up on the site and see if I can get a drift blog going. Vlade! Help :-)
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Toby wrote:Nice update vc.... would be great if we had some pics. I'll put this up on the site and see if I can get a drift blog going. Vlade! Help :-)
i must still work out exactly how to use my camera during the evening. specially with action shots. otherwise they come out all blurry!!!

thanks for the props guys!

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Drift blog is up on the site! Hopefully veecee will keep it updated :-) Check it out on the site under Motorsport > Drifting

update: there seems to be a permissions screw up that's preventing the public from viewing this section. will hopefully have that sorted out soon
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

gremlin
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by gremlin »

Sorry I couldn't be there. I only managed to sort out my rims yesterday. The ones I was origionally going to use didnt fit. So I had to go on a wild goose chase to find. I wll deffinitely be there this wednesday ansd Friday
PICO Drifter

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Couldn't fix the permissions thing. For now it's under Club > Blogs