Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Captian
Over Boosting
Car: Other
Engine: 1JZ

Twincam Club's next Big Event - Full Track Day

Post by Captian »

Time: July 31, 2011 from 9am to 4pm

Come an support us at our annual Full Track day at Zwartkops and learn how to control your car in track conditions with the help of advanced driving instructors.

Please bring your own helmets Cash Crusaders normally sell them cheap

MSA rules apply so please wear long pants/jeans with closed shoes long sleeve shirts and or jackets. No slip on shoes or flip flops may be worn.

SEE YOU ALL AT ZWARTKOPS

Hi Guys who will be joining us for the event? this tear will be awesome as Toyota South Africa will be there with a few cars on display and a few surprises which you will have to come and see on the day. this event is really an awesome one

Here is some info on how the day will be run.

The Advanced driving event is open to the public for all car manufactures and all race car owners to take part

The event is led by Toyota Advanced Driving academy and other advanced driving instructors

This is event main goal is to assist Normal everyday drivers to improve their driving capabilities.

Here the instructors give an outline of how the course is conducted which is firstly the instructor will take you out an for the first 3 laps and then swap drivers where the instructor is know the passenger and coaches you on your driving actions.

Until the Instructor thinks it’s safe for you to go on your own he then allow you to do so.

Chief Instructors are Dawie Olivier from and Dennis Macbeth who have been racing and giving instruction on advanced driving for over 20yrs.

Basically he will teach you the safeties and limitations of the vehicle, breaking distance and how to handle over and under steer of your vehicle. While these conditions are in a very controlled environment , your vehicle will get up to race speeds, those driver’s that are experienced year after year that attend our events have real blast.

Their strictly no reckless driving permitted and no overtaking on bends, if those actions are spotted by the marshals you are blacked flag immediately which mean cease all driving and come into the pits to explain your actions to the head marshal.

See link for poster
http://www.fueltopia.co.uk/events/twinc ... -big-event
"Life is simple.You make choices,and you don't look back."Han-Tokyo Drift

"If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price.
It's not tragic to die doing what you love" Bodhi-Point Break

Captian
Over Boosting
Car: Other
Engine: 1JZ

Re: Twincam Club's next Big Event - Full Track Day

Post by Captian »

I'm sure that these instructors are professionals and it being worth the while to attend this event
shyam wrote:My advanced Toyota Driving course was R1600...so for this price it is a bargain.....R450 is nothing compared to the amount of knowledge and experience one would gain from attending the event.....

The Toyota Twincam Club guys are a very dedicated and cheerful bunch of people....at the dyno day I met some of them.....the response to that dyno day was really awesome so well done guys.....

I do expect lots of people to show up for this event...I hope I can attend as well with the spyder...

The way I see it either way the day will be great....less cars means more track time for everyone...more cars means more people to race and more friends to make..... :thumbright:
"Life is simple.You make choices,and you don't look back."Han-Tokyo Drift

"If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price.
It's not tragic to die doing what you love" Bodhi-Point Break