Going fast in a straight line

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

fuzz123
0.3 Bar Boost
Car: S14
Engine: SR

1/4 Mile @ Tarlton 2 Nov - Vids added

Post by fuzz123 »

I went to Tarlton on Friday the 2nd Nov to see how my S14 does on the 1/4 mile. I was skeptical at first cause I had a lot of negative feedback of of my dyno graphs that the turbo kicks in way too late etc.
Thought I'd first try low boost just to get things going and did a decent 14.9 After that the adrenalin kicked in with an addiction factor and I did a lot of runs on high boost(1bar) most of my runs I did in the 14.2x time frame with some reaching the 14.1x's. I know its not the fastest around but was a heluva lot of fun leaving most of the tuned up golofs in the dust and with my daily driving car on street tyres.

On a side note: Saw a S13 coming in and thought I wasnt going to be the only 200sx running for the night but unfortunately he didnt run.

Fun night out, maybe next time some of the club people can also come through.
Last edited by fuzz123 on Fri May 10, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Draco
Forum Whore
Car: S13

Re: 1/4 Mile @ Tarlton 2 Nov

Post by Draco »

Thats great man, well done.

When my car is up and running I plan to be there often...as often as funds allow it...

sly gxi
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: Other

Post by sly gxi »

welll done dude. thats a great time,. i only managed a pathetic 14.8 at tarlton (first time out) needed to learn to launch her tho. what was your exit speeds like? please let me know when you going again, i will join you.

fuzz123
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by fuzz123 »

sly gxi wrote:welll done dude. thats a great time,. i only managed a pathetic 14.8 at tarlton (first time out) needed to learn to launch her tho. what was your exit speeds like? please let me know when you going again, i will join you.
For sure man!! 14.8 aint that bad for the first time, with a bit of practice you will do good!!

i got exit speeds in the region of 160-170km/h...I would love to go and do it with some semi's though, cause the tyres I had on are worthless!

fuzz123
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by fuzz123 »

Here is a vid of me and my brother:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzEfL8N1M0Y

Me vs a WSR (Westside racing) Mk1 golf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvhoqwbmDmQ

Enjoy! :domo:

sly gxi
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: Other

Post by sly gxi »

fuzz123 wrote:
sly gxi wrote:welll done dude. thats a great time,. i only managed a pathetic 14.8 at tarlton (first time out) needed to learn to launch her tho. what was your exit speeds like? please let me know when you going again, i will join you.
For sure man!! 14.8 aint that bad for the first time, with a bit of practice you will do good!!

i got exit speeds in the region of 160-170km/h...I would love to go and do it with some semi's though, cause the tyres I had on are worthless!

nice bro, yep learnt to launch her now... on my 14.8 i exited at 172. im planning on going to next s2s. what you say?

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator
Car: S13

Re: 1/4 Mile @ Tarlton 2 Nov - Vids added

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

very nice buddy 200sx FTW
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

fuzz123
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by fuzz123 »

sly gxi wrote:
fuzz123 wrote:

nice bro, yep learnt to launch her now... on my 14.8 i exited at 172. im planning on going to next s2s. what you say?

I would love to, but I am going to miss this one sorry! I will make a plan for the next one though!!

The sx needs some work....