Project C - Also not 56k friendly!

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

hey man...

thats the wrong attitude man...

a broken alternator bolt perhaps points to another problem, like belts that might be too tight, or the nut on the bolt that was too tight.

you guys have been following the build guide right? about torque settings and belt tightness, etc.

the fuel problem was just unlucky, and you should view it like that. to have both a fuel rail and broken injectors just makes it that much more difficult to diagnose and solve, because people usually only change one thing at a time. and changing injectors and fuel rails is not a lekka job!

did you manage to source another alternator bolt?
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

ChemCool
SX Forumholic
Car: S13

Post by ChemCool »

Easy fix. No problem.
Hope you get a bolt in that bolt conatainer
Chem 8)
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Yep I managed to get a bolt from Freddie's Collection-O-Bolts :-) Actually I was wrong, the bolt hadn't broken off. Rather, it worked it's way loose due to vibrations in the engine when I revved it to about 6000rpm. Luckily it wasn't the long bottom bolt, but rather the short top one.

It seems, once again, that this was human error. I'd had to loosen the alternator to fit one of the covers. During this process, I forgot to re-tighten all the alternator bolts. So the belt was tensioned, but I didn't tighten the top and bottom bolts.

Still, the fact that my console cover screw mountings broke, and the clips are all breaking, points to the fact that this car was only made to last about this long. So while I believe my newly rebuilt engine will last a while yet, the chassis is gonna need a lot of work to keep it together...
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

Yip. Granted.
Chem 8)
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

not granted.

i dont agree that cars weren't built with a specific lifespan, afterwhich stuff just starts breaking.

no ways - rather, just be careful. snapping bolts and breaking clips can be avoided, right?
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

not granted.
What about the rattling we all moaning about. And some okes doors closing sounds like pure jam cans?

Some inside interior not holding any more.

My dashlights not working any more = suspecting the stick switch
etc.etc.

But any way, I still love/hate my sx

Chem 8)
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

So, yesterday I put back all the brackets/stays/etc. in the engine. Everything is on now except the bottom engine cover. I also replaced my "Chip Logic modified" ECU with the stock one I bought from Ero Sennin. Guess what? Almost no difference! So, in short, Chip Logic charged me R8000 for a set of second-hand 370cc injectors, and nothing else. Of which 2 are already leaking. And they took 9 months to do that.

Anyway, took my car for a drive, and boy does she drive well! The short shifter is much quieter now. The engine is smooth and spinning freely. The gearbox is loosening up nicely. The tubby is boosting beautifully. I'm loving it!

Hope it lasts :)
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

Gooooooooooood stuff Tobles!
Hairdresser MX5

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

yeah that is awesome news man...

so everythings lekka now, well i'm sure everyone's rooting for this one to last!

but the part about chip logic is seriously dodgy. is there no comeback with that whole saga???

what about something like hellopeter, or some other form of consumer complaints avenue???

perhaps small claims court???

i know you probably wont want to hear this but i got a full set of second hand stock injectors for 800 bucks about two years ago and they're still working fine. so being shafted so much for those ones... i mean EISH!!! cant you get some kind of reimbursement???

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Naah I don't want to go down that road. I'm done with mechanics. I do whatever work I can myself now.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Great to hear everythings sorted Toby, as Freddy said a long time back, we need to learn to do everything ourselves and you are well on your way, that is great!!!

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Ero_sennin »

I got shafted aswell with injectors, paid for brand new ones from big boss auto.
The injectors were wrong for the engine, The mech swopped those for others, which were leaking injectors again.
Took the car back, the injectors got swopped for working used injectors and I still got charged for the "new" injectors, or I wouldn't get my car back.

Farking back yard pices of .......
Last edited by Ero_sennin on Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Ero_sennin wrote:I got shafted aswell with injectors, paid for brand new ones from big boss auto.
They didnt work on the car, got swopped for leaking injectors again.
Took back, they got swopped for working old injectors and I still got charged for the "new old" injectors, or I wouldn't get my car back.

Farking back yard pices of .......
this is all very confusing...

new, old, used, working, leaking, "new old" - its like ordering a "medium rare" steak at a restaurant - you confuse the chef and he stuffs it all up!!!

also - you went to big boss auto!!! :shock: ??? if you gonna go there, rather buy the lekka parts and leave!!!

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Ero_sennin »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ok I have fixed my confusing steak order. It should make sense now.

It was the mech that went there to go buy the crap. Obviously he didnt know what the hell he was doing.
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

So Toby is your car sorted now??