Post by Vlade »

8) She runs! 8)
Hairdresser MX5

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

dude, thats great news.

now dont break it please. :lol: :lol: :lol:

kidding - so glad that you decided to stick with it man.
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Gary57
Club Rep
Car: S13

Post by Gary57 »

Great news... now the long process of running it in and making sure it is 100% right.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Great guys....it seems a few sx's are going again.... :wink:

So Toby when you going to the track again :P

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Draco wrote:So Toby when you going to the track again :P
LOL - thats fighting talk!!!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Thanks guys! Yes she runs, and as sweetly as she did before a piston went bang! However, my injectors are leaking badly, so I can't drive it :-( I'm on a mission now to fix this once and for all! :evil:
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Ero_sennin »

Please sort out the injectors first before you go driving, its not only a detonation encouragement but a fire hazard as well.
This is why my first engine went all bendy.

Other than that congrats and good luck!!!!
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Thanks for the advice Ero. I was ready to burn the bitch today ("You like fuel that much? Well how do you like it now, bitch??" :evil:) Four years of leaking injectors, even after spending R10000 to fix it, is enough to drive any man insane. Especially one as short tempered as me.

Took the bloody fuel rail off 6 times! Each time I put the fracker back in, there'd be a little fountain or a stream. Even before I started the bloody car. Tried everything - different injectors, different o-rings, rubber tape, plumber's thread tape. I was ready to give up but the last combination of injector, o-ring and thread tape seems to have done the trick for now.

I say "for now", because this is a temporary fix. I have mis-matched injectors, altho they seem to flow the same and hence the engine is smooth. Also the thread tape might get eaten by the fuel, but at least not as badly as the rubber tape. My gawd, have you guys seen what happens to rubber tape in fuel? It MELTS! Right before your eyes :shock: Plus I can see these other injectors are getting a little damp up atop, even though there is no leak now.

I just hope it lasts a few months while I find an alternative solution to this problem, which will no doubt involve brand new injectors, probably 440cc.

Damn, I almost didn't think I'd make it tomorrow...
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Hey Toby, at least for noe you sorted, it's been a long hard road for you and I am glad you are sorted now....almost.

I hated seeing that nice honda at events :wink:

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Thanks Draco, it's about blerry time we had another red SX on the road again, hey? :)

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

You can say that again....I was feeling all alone....bring on the red ones :lol:

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Just a Q... have you tried changing your fuel rail, I heard of cases where the fuel rail started to "perish" causing a leak, no matter if you've got new o rings or not.

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

I don't have a spare one. But what I did notice was that the leak moved around with the injectors. It wasn't the same port on the fuel rail that kept leaking. Still, I'm sure it's partly to blame.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

toby, remember the fuel pressure is at around 2.5 bar right.

so you should check for any little scratches of any kind on the holes on the fuel rail. the o-rings at the top of the injectors are there to create a seal, but if the steel is damaged even with a light scratch, the fuel will find a way through.

another thing is to be careful not to damage those o-rings when you're inserting the injectors into the rail. they so easily can get squashed and then stretched or broken. try to use a little bit of red rubber grease when installing the injectors to allow those seals to slip in there easily!

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

So the fuel started to leak again :(

Luckily, ChemCool supplied me with another fuel rail (thanks dude!). To be sure, I put my original injectors back on with good o-rings and nothing else. Two were leaking (the two with discoloured connectors). I could see it bubbling from the body of the injector between the plastic and metal. Those 2 injectors are shot. So I replaced those two with another 2, and now it's working! No leaks, and no funny thread tape or anything.

So it was indeed a combination of fuel rail and bad injectors! Can you believe my luck?

This car has reached the end of it's lifespan though. Everything is falling apart. A clip disintegrated just 'cos I bumped into it gently. Last night I was driving home and something breaks in the engine bay. Limped home only to find that the bolt holding the alternator broke off! It's going to be a real struggle to keep the car together from this point forward :(