Project C - Also not 56k friendly!

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

ChemCool
SX Forumholic
Car: S13

Post by ChemCool »

As I said, I wouldnt give them 10 000km's before they burn threw, but no one listened and it looks like my post was deleted, more than likely because it "offended" somone that said it would work.

Its so obvious it would happen, but as usual, the people dont listen to advise, and not just from me, thats probably why other people left as well.

wait till you see nice chinese rods popping threw blocks at less power than the stock ones would hold, and remember that you were pre-warned.

Sorry to see Toby, and to others, maybe youll realise its far cheaper to do it once right, than to have to redo it 3 times over.
Rezlo, today by just reading this thread of yours, I have lost all for you!
I have done business with you before and you won’t even remember or know about it. I also know most sx club members in person and that is why we communicate on this forum with passion and understanding of each other. I HATE TO SWEAR, but now feeling like saying to you fu.. f! Ek voel sommer lus om jou in Afrikaans aan te vat!
What attitude is this of yours? Are you perhaps the god of rebuilds?? Do you like it to make enemies?
You have never learned out of your mistakes? You never stuffed up before? You are this person who knows all? Yes Mr. Rezlo, from the above quote, this is the impression you carry over to me.

We learn ok. What is so difficult understanding that? And once we have conquered the rebuilds, we will be able to coach and teach others and hopefully with better attitudes.

Do you think for one moment that you will down this sx club? You make a mistake if you think so. You are a drop of water in a bucket!

And dont even try arguing with me on this. I have said what I wanted to.

CHEM :evil: and the sx club rules.
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Thanks ChemCool. I've been itching to say something. He acts like he warned us before, but only AFTER my piston blew, and I mentioned it, does he post about hardening the pistons, like he's such a genius. And I honestly don't know what the heck he's talking about - those pistons were supplied by engineers because I happily admit I have neither the knowledge or skill to make or specify what kind of piston should go in my engine. So I left it to the engineer. How's that my fault? What, should I have bought R6000 pistons from him for my standard engine that will never see more than 0.7 bar boost?

Quite frankly, I'd rather happily rebuild my motor again with friends like you and Vlade and Veecee and all other that helped me, than have to listen to attitude like this from Rezlo. Says he's leaving the forum, then he comes back and continues with his nonsense. Clearly, he's not a people person, and he never learns. Good riddance.
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

Great. fantastic. Yes, that is important to me, that I have all the members around while we rebuild. Yes, even if I have to redo it all again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hehehehe he is the weakist link. I like that.

Chem 8)
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Toby wrote:Quite frankly, I'd rather happily rebuild my motor again with friends like you and Vlade and Veecee and all other that helped me
LOL - you make me blush!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

@VC - And where is my wink? :lol:
Chem 8)
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

I've split the post, so Phinx can have an article thread and not a political debate about forum politics ;)

http://200sx.za.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1512
Hairdresser MX5

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

More progress was made this week (pics to come later). I got the head and block back from the engineers along with new pistons. This time, the pistons look like Nissan units - they are the correct type and have not been machined to fit (they are still Autopower pistons, but have the same cast marks as Nissan ones - including oil squirter recess). The engineers admitted their fault and did not charge me for the new pistons :-) Kudos to them! I only paid for disassembly and machining of the thrust bearing which apparently was too tight.

Unfortunately, they only checked the valve stem seals on the "blown" cylinder, so I had to get the head back into an engineering place to check the rest of the seals (thanks ChemCool for organising that!) All valve stem seals were replaced.

Then it was back to assembly (thanks again to Vlade and ChemCool for their help with this). First the pistons were assembled incorrectly by me :oops: and had to be redone. I heated the pistons on the kitchen stove to get it up to around 60 degrees before dismantling and reassembling (as per service manual). The heat makes the gudgeon pin slide out and in very easily. Damn those snap rings though! What a mission to get them in and out :x

Then the block was assembled, and finally the head was put on. I snapped one of the cam bracket bolts trying to torque it. Tip from Vlade - don't torque your cam bracket bolts as per manual, or you will snap them. They only need about 10Nm of torque so you're better of just hand tightening them. I actually snapped it while hand tightening it - it is that easy to snap them. Because I oiled the threads as per manual, the piece was easy to get out, and I had a spare cam bracket bolt.

Lastly the timing belt was put on. During the week, I will reassemble the rest of the accessories and manifolds around the engine, and hopefully by this coming weekend, I will drop the engine in.

I also had my gearbox re-done. It was expensive. They initially quoted me to change bearings, synchros and a few other bits. Instead I opted for a brand new gear box in my old housing. So hopefully that will work well. I will fit the short shifter after installing this gearbox.
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Ero_sennin »

schweet!! Quick question, how much did they charge for the gearbox, and how much would it have been for just the change of bearings, synchros and a few other bits?

Well Done!
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Ero_sennin wrote:schweet!! Quick question, how much did they charge for the gearbox, and how much would it have been for just the change of bearings, synchros and a few other bits?

Well Done!
About R7000 incl VAT. For both options. At least with the build-out they give a 1 year unlimited warranty. Yes, I do know that it is expensive - I could've done it cheaper elsewhere, but time and convenience was an issue. The gearbox they put in is not a CA18DET box - I don't now what it is, but it's pretty much the same except 1 tooth out on one of the gears. They assured me the difference wouldn't be noticeable and I would have slightly higher top speed.

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic

Post by Ero_sennin »

Suppose 7k is not that bad for what it gets you. I know that a scratching gearbox is not that nice when you want to do quick shifts. Luckily thats in the past
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Ero_sennin wrote:Suppose 7k is not that bad for what it gets you. I know that a scratching gearbox is not that nice when you want to do quick shifts. Luckily thats in the past
Contact gearbox4u in Gezina, my gearbox did not want to go into 5th, he took it out, did what had to be done and put it back all between 10h00 and 14h00 the same day for R1800

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

About R7000 incl VAT.
the same day for R1800
Thank goodness I know how to fix cars...

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic

Post by Ero_sennin »

Draco wrote:
Ero_sennin wrote:Suppose 7k is not that bad for what it gets you. I know that a scratching gearbox is not that nice when you want to do quick shifts. Luckily thats in the past
Contact gearbox4u in Gezina, my gearbox did not want to go into 5th, he took it out, did what had to be done and put it back all between 10h00 and 14h00 the same day for R1800
Good to know but don't need it anymore, that was an old gearbox.
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Gary57 wrote:
About R7000 incl VAT.
the same day for R1800
Thank goodness I know how to fix cars...
It's a dogs life..... :roll:

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Some photos:

Heating up the piston on a stove to get the gudgeon pin in:

Pistons inserted into block:

New gearbox:

Some cappuccino during coffee break:

Oil pump cleaned and inspected:

Engine assembled and timing belt installed:
Last edited by Toby on Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.