How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Trance101
0.9 Bar Boost
Car: S13
Engine: RB

Project R

Post by Trance101 »

Ok, since everybody seems to have a project post now days I think I should get my act together and starts my own project, Project R. R for Racing, Reliability (yes I know those are contradictory... :roll: ) or Ryan, whatever I want it to be :)

My plan for my sx are to eventually get it to thge 200rwkw mark. But for now it far from that and it will take alot of time to get to that point but thats my overall goal. I'd also like my sx to be my weekend drifter so suspension mod are also a top priority.

Ok, I better add some pics from the beginning before my project get moved or deleted :shock: ;)

Here is has been done to the car since I got it over 6 months ago:

First thing was some sounds but I don't have pics of that.

Second major thing was the battery relocation, to make way for the intercooler (you can see some pics of the sound)

Next, was the intercooler install:

Next, was some sub frame spacers:

Following that was the strut braces:

After that, my sx went to Gary's for a full engine rebuild. I don't have any pics unforuantely because i wasn't around to take them :wink: With the rebuild I got:

- the flywheel lightened (-3kg)
- the clutch was resurfaced (My sx already had a 4puk copper clutch).
- Also got a new exhaust that I bought second hand fitted. It is a 3" exhaust with a 4" tip.

(you can see part of the exhaust in the above pic with the lower strut brace, coz i was lazy and only fitted that one a little while ago)

My plan was to get induction and exhaust sorted first and soon it will be time to upgrade the turbo.

to be continued...
RB25 S13 - in a perpetual state of broken-ness...

Trance101
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Trance101 »

At the moment I am busy getting my sx ready for its first track day :D That included new disks and pads. So, I went for the power brake option. I found out the hard way that I had an sx with the smaller brakes as the new disks didn't fit :(

I managed to get a set of the larger calipers from Gary tho :)

difference between my small caliper and the bigger ones

sorted :P

Some of the studs on the left hub were bad so while I had the calipers off I got all the studs on that hub replaced aswell.

I have just fitted a new pair of rear brake pads today, so the brakes are now sorted for the track day.

Now, my new problem is sorting out some error codes that the ecu is throwing. I'm getting a 34 and a 43. Knock sensor and throttle position sensor. I'm gonna try deal with those tomorrow.

EDIT: I've also got this waiting in the wings. Just want the track day to be over before I fit it. Don't want it to make my sx run bad.

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

Yeah yeah! Trance! Looking good there man!

Going that route soon wid my car! Sorting the motor then hitting the sweet spot with the syspension!

Keep up the good work! looks GREAT!
Rolling Thunder..........

Trance101
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Trance101 »

Thanks man!

And good luck with your SR build! Its gonna be awesome. 8)

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Looking good Ryna. That cam wont make your car run bad, fit it. I think error codes 34 and 43 might put the car in "SAFE" mode, but I am sure someone here will know better than me, Pink what says you??

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

Very cool man!

What was the cost of the brakes?
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

Trance101
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Trance101 »

Gary57 wrote:Looking good Ryna. That cam wont make your car run bad, fit it. I think error codes 34 and 43 might put the car in "SAFE" mode, but I am sure someone here will know better than me, Pink what says you??
Yeah I think so aswell. I think i know why the TPS is throwing an error. I'm gonna try fix it just now. Its just that damn det sensor that always gives problems.

Trance101
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Trance101 »

Riekert wrote:Very cool man!

They cost me R3000 from powerbrake. Well worth it I think. Brakes seem very nice but still bedding them in so haven't tested them to the full.

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

Trance101 wrote:
Riekert wrote:Very cool man!

They cost me R3000 from powerbrake. Well worth it I think. Brakes seem very nice but still bedding them in so haven't tested them to the full.
cool! Thanx man!
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

rat
Administrator
Car: R32

Post by rat »

how the clutch feeling?

Is it still leaking?
Hot Plates are Sexy

Trance101
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Trance101 »

rat wrote:how the clutch feeling?

Is it still leaking?
Well it hasn't slipped for a while so thats a good sign. Its feeling good and no more signs of leaking... BUT, its still taking very low down. I think the piston in the master cylinder may not be returning to the correct position when I let my foot off the clutch. Other than that its fine tho.

On another note, I have figured out why I was getting a error code for the TPS. It was just a mistake in some wiring. Now, that that's sorted the car feel more responsive to throttle input and feels a bit better. Now just the det sensor to still figure out.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

You need to set the clutch cylinder.....stick your head under the dash, there is a setting "bolt" where you set where the clutch takes.....

Trance101
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Trance101 »

Draco wrote:You need to set the clutch cylinder.....stick your head under the dash, there is a setting "bolt" where you set where the clutch takes.....
Yeah I've done that, its fully adjusted and its still too low :(

rat
Administrator
Car: R32

Post by rat »

well i will say before you put the car on the track make sure everything is 100% working

you dont want to go out for 10 laps then something brakes and you got to watch for the rest of the day
Last edited by rat on Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hot Plates are Sexy

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Have you tried to turn it to the other side.... :D