Project Robldepo (for now)

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Re: Project Robldepo (for now)

Post by robldepo »

and i have to brag a bit with my cover that Armand had hydro dipped for me its on the motror but you cant see the full effect if its not in the sun

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

wil post some pics of the setup as it is in the car as soon a s i get the car to start. for some reason i have no spark so there is just loose wires and tools laying all over the show. its driving me in sane not knowing what the problem is

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

Looks awesome!! Just out of interest did you try and turn the steering wheel lock to lock after installing the front shocks? The reason I ask is the shock mount needs to go onto the shock in a certain position or the shock catches on the wheel well.
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

yes J i did that they turn just fine.

hey guys spark is sorted now yeah. the write up that i followed to do this swap didnt mention anything about the thick blue wire in the white plug next to the ecu plaug known as plug F1. this wire gives ign 12v to the coils and it wasnt used according to the writeup but its sorted now and the car starts. just need a new radiator now as i noticed mine is leaking badly. thanks J for pointing me in the right direction regarding spark problems.

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

sup guys at last a pic with the motor in the car starting idling and revving smooth.

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

had to replace the radiator over the weekend, it had 6 holes in it so it was not leaking it was pissing water out does this shit ever end???
never the less here are some pics of the new radiator.

GameBoy
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by GameBoy »

Nice!

Out of interest how much did the radiator and fans set you back? I need to do that change sometime soon.
Project : 92 Nissan 200SX - CA18DET, TD04, FMIC, 440cc Deatschwerks Injectors, KTS Coilovers, Black 17" CCW (ESM 007) Reps with blue BLOX wheelnuts, AFPR & High Flow 320LPH FP

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

radiator was R1850.00 at MR Turbo fans i got from Armand but they go for about R600 each i could be wrong. MR Turbo also sells them

just burnes my arse that a brand new radiator already has bent fins and i would make a move real soon dude they only have 2 radiators left.

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

please take not the boost pipes look like crap but its a tempry messure untill the car is running proper then ill install cooler and build proper boost pipes

GameBoy
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by GameBoy »

Cool, thanks.
Project : 92 Nissan 200SX - CA18DET, TD04, FMIC, 440cc Deatschwerks Injectors, KTS Coilovers, Black 17" CCW (ESM 007) Reps with blue BLOX wheelnuts, AFPR & High Flow 320LPH FP

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

at last i got the rev counter working, now im down to fitting the bonnet the boot lid and the light covers, then i can take it for wheel allighnment. And pray there is nothing else i have to do accept for fine tuning. once the car is running 100% i can start withe cooler and some more goodies and guages.

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

howsit all

ive made some changes to my build and would like to share it with you guys but for the life of me i cant remeber how to share pics. can someone please give me a crash course again?

thanks

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

There is a file attachment section in you normal reply or you can use a image hosting site like photo bucket
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"