300zx Made in Japan

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

antman
0.3 Bar Boost
Car: Other
Engine: VG

Re: 300zx Made in Japan

Post by antman »

Yes the the flange to the turbo is 5 bolt hole stainless, the flange to the rest of the system is 3 bolt hole stainless.

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac
Car: S13
Engine: SR

Post by Charlvdw »

Thanx Tony.
197rwkw ,376nm

antman
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by antman »

Well today I met the target. the motor and gearbox is in and next job is to connect the wiring and hoses and the fiddely bits. Need to get new belts so will have to wait till after the holidays when the spares shops open.
Still have the prop shaft and exhaust to fit which could also be done before then I suppose.

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

Any updates for 2014??
197rwkw ,376nm

antman
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by antman »

Update for 2014.......after a slow start this morning the progress is the motor and gearbox is in. Replaced all the series 1 injector connectors with new series 2 connectors. Replaced the old cracked cold start sensor connector with a new one. Resprayed the metal boost pipes which go/return from the intercoolers in gloss black just to neaten them up a bit.
Hopefully get some time to get the prop shaft and exhaust in but got some garden issues to sort out first.

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

Updates?
197rwkw ,376nm

antman
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by antman »

Its been a long haul the last couple of days sorting all the little pain in the butt items that seem to take so long to do.
So yesterday I filled the motor with oil and diconnected the cas and cranked the motor a few times to get some oil circulated.
Was going to see if the old chip in the ecu (for stock motor and 370cc injectors) would let the motor idle at least with the 700cc injectors fitted as I had not fitted the Nistune yet. So I used my precision fuel pressure reducing tool (my trusty vice grip) to crimp the rubber fuel hose a bit and after the third crank the motor sprang into live. Naturally it was running a bit on the rich side but the motor was mechanically quiet, good oil pressure, no oil smoke, no oil or water leaks, so far all OK.
Also did a checked that oil was draining to the sump from the turbos as I had to mod the OEM banjo bolt built in oil restrictor as the GT2860rs turbos I got have oil restrictors in the oil line fitting at the turbo. For those intrested the OEM banjo bolt with the letter "K" on it has this restrictor which is difficult to see which I drilled out to 4mm for my application.
I am very relieved at this point and today the ecu comes out and will fit the Nistune and try to change the "K" value for the bigger injectors and try to learn how the tune this thing.
Next phase is to service the front calipers with the new seals, paint the calipers and fit the braided lines and EBC yellow stuff pads.

antman
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by antman »

Hey Charl, was wondering what your thoughts are on this...I know you run dual wide band afr guages and my question is do you think it is an over kill?
My feeling is it is not as you are able to monitor both banks but many disagree and say its a waste.
This also goes to anyone else as well....thanks

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

antman wrote:Hey Charl, was wondering what your thoughts are on this...I know you run dual wide band afr guages and my question is do you think it is an over kill?
My feeling is it is not as you are able to monitor both banks but many disagree and say its a waste.
This also goes to anyone else as well....thanks
Two looks better then one. :facepalm:
I think that the only advantage we have with the "V"g30 is that we have dual exhausts, and there for we can monitor the two banks individually. Although you can't adjust the afr on the two bank separately, if an injector would k@k you'll at least have it narrowed down to a possible three. But for tuning purposes one is more then adequate.

I've got two because I'm doing narrowband simulation.
197rwkw ,376nm

antman
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by antman »

Anyway some small up date....I ordered and innovate wide band afr kit last year and by accident the vender sent me 2 , after complaining to them about the fact that I only wanted one and had already paid customs duty for the extra one I would now require compensation for the return postage costs back to them.... they decided I can have it for free....so nice of them.
So now I have trial fitted the second gauge to the dash and now must wire them both up.
Guys, how critical is the orientation of the o2 sensor fittment on the pipe wrt it being fitted between 10 and 2 o`clock?
My down pipes from Z1 has 2 o2 sensor bungs and the top ones are used for the OEN narrow band sensors and the other 2 I want to use for the wide band but its orientation is around 6 o`clock.

Removed the Turbonoz chip I had for the previous stock (1 bar boost) motor.
And fitted the Nistune daughter board.
I also managed to complete the big brake conversion and fitted the EBC yellow stuff pads and 350z EBC discs to the to the front as well as the braided brake lines front and rear.

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

She's getting there.
197rwkw ,376nm

antman
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by antman »

Hi Charl, its getting there slowly, was looking at my z1 down pipes as they have a spare blanked off o2 bung I was hoping to use but after research and comments it seems it is not the ideal place, not sure what the manufacturer intended to go there. Will have to get my bungs fitted before I do any sort of tune.
How did you run the cables from your o2 sensors to the guages? I was thinking from the left and right hand side wheel arches where the other looms go. Any secretes/tips to this ball ache job?

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

Some idiot drilled a 30mm hole thru my firewall behind the batery so I went thru there with my cables but I think left fender and in with the door harness would be the best. I believe the additional bungs would be for egt probes. I should have two stainless bungs left so left me know.
197rwkw ,376nm

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

Tony, what's the switch for next to your time display?
197rwkw ,376nm

andre_sx
Over Boosting

Post by andre_sx »

wanne gaan julle 2kies biekie dice???
A wise man learns by the mistakes of others,
a fool by his own.