Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

sly gxi
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: Other
Engine: SR

Tuner needed

Post by sly gxi »

hi guys

so i need some help. i need to get a tune up .

and its been a mission to get someone to tune my apexi. wanted to send to rez himself but decided it will be a waste as im going to do a forged build eventually and will need to have that tuned. i live in jhb and it will be a mission to keep sending to rez and back to jhb. so will do that once off when i go forged build.

i tried getting a booking with no sweat racing and they messed me around, left my car there from 5th oct and he wont be able to tune before the 27th as promised, so will have to fetch my car this weekend and find someone to tune .

also some advice needed please, i was thinking of tuning to a max of 1.2/1.3 bar as im running stock internals. and only have the cometic gasket and arp bolts and meth. is that boost to high?

any advice will be appreciated

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator
Car: S13

Re: Tuner needed

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

id suggest giving ross from RBTS a phone call think he might be able to tune it. for what ive heard s SR doesnt like over a bar boost but at a bar you should be around the 220wkw range. have you got a rocker arm stopper in your sr?
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

sly gxi
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by sly gxi »

SonOfAnarchy ZA wrote:id suggest giving ross from RBTS a phone call think he might be able to tune it. for what ive heard s SR doesnt like over a bar boost but at a bar you should be around the 220wkw range. have you got a rocker arm stopper in your sr?

thanks bro, i was considering ross, or jms. not sure if you heard of them? have heard good and bad about ross, but same goes for most tuners these days anyways.

yes i know people say stock sr a bar is max. but others say they have gone 1.4 on stock with no issues, i have the RAS and also ARp head bolts and cometic gasket, my car has spiked to 1.2 before a few times and knock levels sometimes are a bit high, others its in acceptable range. so i was hoping with the addition of meth. 1.2/1.3 bar will be safe

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Ross FTW i took my car to him and car felt great after very smooth and he raised the boost by .3 and i gained 45wkw
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Hotstuff
Club Rep

Post by Hotstuff »

DON'T TAKE THE CAR TO JMS!!!
I repeat...
DON'T TAKE THE CAR TO JMS!!!

See my build thread of how they f*cked up my Haltech installation. So far it's cost me R7k in repairs and my car is still not running.
'92 White S13

sly gxi
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by sly gxi »

thanks nat. that was reall crap what they did to you

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

u got a pm dude

harleyzx1400
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by harleyzx1400 »

I have stock internals and run 1.2 bar boost, above .8 bar the methanol comes in. Done a few thousand km with no issues. Apparently stock this is about the max and still have reliability with normal fuel and meth. Can boost higher with avgas etc, but too much hassle for me. Mine is going in Monday to fit 550cc Nismo injectors and a dyno tune, so we will see if it holds together!

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

keep us posted

harleyzx1400
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by harleyzx1400 »

Sly, I fitted my 550cc injectors and had the car dyno'd. At the fly is 249kw and 457nm on 1.2 bar boost. I suppose the boost could get turned up, but I reckon that is waiting for a bang to happen with stock internals. I am happy with my car here at the coast with that power. Not the fastest around, but pretty cool for me. Hope this helps.

sly gxi
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by sly gxi »

thats some banging power bro,. well done. im waiting for my car to come back, hope she makes decent power. last dyno she made 216.7wkw at ALB on around 1.1 bar boost,

Gutternut
Slipping Clutch
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by Gutternut »

any update on this Sly ?

Drifter

Post by Drifter »

Ja that JMS dudes cant even drain oil out of a motor or gearbox after motor swap and most of all the dudes that work for them are dumb wana lift a ca18det on the fuel injection onto a trolley!funny shit is say! :domo:

harleyzx1400
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by harleyzx1400 »

Hey, Sly, whats up with the car? Did you get it sorted? I have been missing your street racing exploits, they are fun. Cheers.

sly gxi
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by sly gxi »

sup guys , sorry for taking long to update here.

so after tryna find a tuner . nxgen( doesnt reply to emails) so i said stuff them. jms ( after what happened to fellow sx owners, um hell no..... rbts ( called and his secratary said she will find out if he can tune apexi and get back to me. ( still hasnt called me) i just decided to leave her at no sweat.

steve tuned her and she is running pretty nice now. still a very slight misfire i picked up but other than that she is very smooth. i kinda feeel bad as i didnt know steve now permanantly stays in port shepstone and closed shop in verreniging, my car was one of the last he tuned here .

all in all , even though i waited kak long for a tune only, im happy with her results. will be arranging some pvt hookups if anyone is keen to join me .