R32 GTR REDONE!!!

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

scunick
Slipping Clutch
Engine: RB

Re: R32 GTR REDONE!!!

Post by scunick »

viper cape wrote:All the best to you while trying to get the car in shape. Hope it goes well. In conversation people ridicule me for using old technology ,but it just looks much neater and no need to hack. Apexi it is.
I have just moved to a Motec ECU on my R33 and only because I wanted to install an electronic throttle body and be able to do full power shifts on the OS Giken OS88 box we just installed...
The Apexi was comfortably handling the 720hp that the motor produces, with the only limitations being it does a shit job of boost control and tends to over fuel slightly on idle.
Later
Nick
Last edited by scunick on Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scunick
Slipping Clutch

Post by scunick »

RB25SX wrote:I have a spare R32 GTR transfer box if u need one, also complete stock intake manifold and plenum.
thanks.... i am definitely interested, even if it is just as a spare....
PM sent

scunick
Slipping Clutch

Post by scunick »

so... pics time
a picture of the damaged gearbox
a picture of the new loom
gearbox heaven or hell -depending on your perspective...
difference between installed clutch (top) and HKS trippleplate (bottom)

scunick
Slipping Clutch

Post by scunick »

and finally a picture of the car...
on the right is my r33 GTR
on the left is......

andre_sx
Over Boosting

Post by andre_sx »

No offense but I think You only have yourself to blame for not looking properly
A wise man learns by the mistakes of others,
a fool by his own.

Tobie
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by Tobie »

I once bought a R32 or two with lots and lots of things to fix, Harnesses, Diffs, gearboxes, paint, wheels, interior, turbos, cranks, oil pumps, wheel bearings etc. I got into a dispute with the seller and he gave me refunds on some of the parts I had to replace, maybe you can also try that? I still had to fork out big big money to fix everything but at least I got a small percentage back, every bit helps. My respect for the guy was also restored in a sense.
400m = 11.9sec @ 187km/h @ Midvaal

scunick
Slipping Clutch

Post by scunick »

Too true!!!
andre_sx wrote:No offense but I think You only have yourself to blame for not looking properly
Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

scunick
Slipping Clutch

Post by scunick »

duplicate post

scunick
Slipping Clutch

Post by scunick »

Absolutely.... If said seller were to actually engage it would be a win all round.

Tobie wrote:I once bought a R32 or two with lots and lots of things to fix, Harnesses, Diffs, gearboxes, paint, wheels, interior, turbos, cranks, oil pumps, wheel bearings etc. I got into a dispute with the seller and he gave me refunds on some of the parts I had to replace, maybe you can also try that? I still had to fork out big big money to fix everything but at least I got a small percentage back, every bit helps. My respect for the guy was also restored in a sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Enzio
0.9 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Post by Enzio »

Bad luck Scunick.

Don't ever believe anybody on the internet or over the phone. Internet reputation means fuck all.
Hope you get it right and do that car some justice, decent R-chassis' are rare in SA.
Image S13 CA18DET, NIStune and...oh wait no that's gone..... Image

scunick
Slipping Clutch

Post by scunick »

yep... always true... and proved once again to be true..... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Enzio wrote:Bad luck Scunick.

Don't ever believe anybody on the internet or over the phone. Internet reputation means fuck all.
Hope you get it right and do that car some justice, decent R-chassis' are rare in SA.

scunick
Slipping Clutch

Post by scunick »

lots of forumites are not going to like this but it should be out there... beware of the seller!!!! and his new business ":...selling cars but pretty much anything".

So the seller finally answered the phone to tell me and I quote:
"the car was never in a smack"
"the car was 100% roadworthy when he delivered it to the transportation company"
"the gearbox was 100%"
"The diff has never been touched"
"The wiring and all the workmanship issues are ALB's, he has no responsibility for that"
He flatly denies that he has lied his way through this transaction time and time again.

When confronted with accident damage proof he admitted it may have been in a small knock "into a pole"
The air-conditioning components he removed and supposedly sold to me with the car - he first tells me were stolen from his bakkie then that ALB lost it... and then it was stolen and lost from ALB...- what BS

I gave him the opportunity to make me a fair offer towards the repair of the problems and he answered to say he would pay only for the aircon and hub... the smallest of the bills.

Sorry but this bloke represents the worst of the tuner community... all hat no cattle.... all trouser no pork sword. Grow a pair, take a spoon of cement and harden the f&ck up... you have been caught... do the right thing and make it right....

or else
[smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif] [smilie=200sx_2guns.gif]

LMAO what a plonker
Later
scunick wrote:Absolutely.... If said seller were to actually engage it would be a win all round.

Tobie wrote:I once bought a R32 or two with lots and lots of things to fix, Harnesses, Diffs, gearboxes, paint, wheels, interior, turbos, cranks, oil pumps, wheel bearings etc. I got into a dispute with the seller and he gave me refunds on some of the parts I had to replace, maybe you can also try that? I still had to fork out big big money to fix everything but at least I got a small percentage back, every bit helps. My respect for the guy was also restored in a sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Who was the seller?
DriftZ: "I swear if a CA18 beats my SR im getting a RB!"

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

FJ

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

viper cape
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by viper cape »

Same as those fake parts that was sold to them that they tried to pass off as original. That was when i became suspicious.