C-TEQ Project

Anything Else Nissan or the Like

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac
Car: S13

C-TEQ Project

Post by mario_200sx »

So we decided to get a car for the workshop, just to showcase our products that we are busy developing etc.

I chose a Audi A3, 3.2L, Quattro, DSG gearbox.

Reason behind my madness is that I dont want to buy a bunch of parts and bolt in onto a 2.0L, I actually want to build a car and not just bolt stuff on. So we chose the 3.2 motor, perfect base with huge potential. Makes roughly 180kw standard.

Plans:
Split discs brake upgrade (In-house)
Braided brake hoses (In-house)
Coilovers
Borg Warner EFR turbo
Exhaust Manifold (In-house)
Intake Manifold (In-house)
Head spacer kit (In-house)
FMIC and boost pipes (In-house)
Haldex Controller for Quattro.
Software (Motor & DSG)
Water/Meth kit
Loads more smaller parts that will need to come together for the build... all done in-house.

We will do a complete block and head build once we have got to the limit of the stock motor with dropped compression.

First bits for the car.... AEM water/meth progressive kit...

More plans for the A3:
- Upgrade swaybars (front & rear) we will be looking at doing our own, if not we will run over the counter swaybars

- Haldex controller (we will first be running a adaptor that will be giving you full 50/50 split at all times) Then we will purchases a unit that can be adjusted

- Spindles and and control arms will be upgraded. We will be looking at after market control arms & OEM (in-house done and designed).

Spindles we will look at the TT option to see what will work best. Still busy doing some research on the spindles. We can save close to 10kg per side with this mod, better castor and camber adjustment also. Helps allot with turn-in into corners.

TT arms have camber adjustment system at the ball joint, -1.8 to -2.5 or so.
Bushings on TT arms are solid rubber, no voids. Can press them into stock holders or modify hole on the TT mount.
Lighter weight aluminum arms and spindles.
The TT spindles might (which have lower ball joint mounting points) need some machining to work with the steering rack.

- Ofcourse a very large range of carbon fiber products.... more on that as it gets done.

OEM++ Dimpled and Slotted discs is done. I dont like cross drilled as it 99% of the time cause cracks in the discs.

Now just for the protective coating to be done.

Next step is to develop the 2 piece discs while we are testing these.

Coilovers also arrived this morning. FK Street coilovers. Nothing expensive, just for high adjustment now. Will get Bilsteins or KW's when build is close to its end.

Rolling Thunder..........

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Re: C-TEQ Project

Post by Daniel »

Keen to see this progress.
sig[/sig]

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

+1 keep us posted
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

Wait? This isn't a sx! Hahaha Congrats! And will keep an eye on this
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

Riekert wrote:Wait? This isn't a sx! Hahaha Congrats! And will keep an eye on this

Not a SX, but there might be a SX joining the shop vehicles soon.... :twisted:

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Awesomeness.... I have a feeling its a certain green one :D
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

Riekert wrote:Awesomeness.... I have a feeling its a certain green one :D

It might be, just balancing the books...

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Do it! Half the kit in there was made by you in any case :D

aka The Overlord

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

Riekert wrote:Do it! Half the kit in there was made by you in any case :D

:lol:

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

Coilovers and discs installed. Braided hoses will be done soon. Will be levelling tomorrow.

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

All done, ready for tomorrows run.

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

So found some time to get the car on the dyno, very happy with how it looks for 100% stock vehicle.

Now we have a base and can move forward.

Short video of the run, stock exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK0lxWAW ... YCyre771tg

Decat done! Just a little quick setup for now. Full system will get done when the turbo is on.

Bit of decat sound....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I17Grjj ... OcshA9cnOQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocdq-bq ... OcshA9cnOQ

Wheels fitted:

So I took the fat bird out on the track. Was very enjoyable and was surprised at how well the car felt around the track.

I could feel she is struggling to keep up with other cars in a straight line that had similiar power. Combo of weight and drivetrain loss Im sure is a big factor in this.

Brakes felt amazing (for about 5 hard laps)! I had OEM street pads fitted with our slotted and heat treated discs. No issues with the discs at all, they are still in great condition.

Best timed lap of 1:40 flat, did 1:41 average. Im sure there was some better times in there, but there was no point in pushing the car to the limit as it stands now.

Car Spec:
De-cat exhaust
FK Streetline coilovers
OEM wheels & OEM road tires
Uprated discs (slotted) and OEM pads

Rest is all 100% stock.

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

Nice
sig[/sig]

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

I was home for a few days now over the festive season. This gave us some time to do some work on the A3 and get this project started properly.

Stripped the front end to see what we are working with. The intake manifold was removed so I can inspect the manifold to use the water & meth kit.

Decided the manifold will work fine and we can do direct port injection on each port. With the manifold design I was concerned only using one nozzle at the charge pipe and how it would distribute the water & meth across all cylinders.

Rather safe than sorry, we will have a nozzle at each port.

While the front was stripped we removed the secondary airpump that is not needed and gives problems 90% of the time.

Next step now is the exhaust manifold design, purchasing the high HP intercooler core and get some end tanks made.

Wont be too long before can get boosting!

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

Turbo arrived

So some people might think that Kamak is a odd choice turbo. As its a product made in Taiwan, more popular recently with the Subaru and Evo ranges. More popular choice would have been a Garrett turbo.

However, I wanted a affordable package and something that is reliable. Kamak has proven themselves over the past few years to make some amazing turbos. One example are the production race cars (subaru) that run these turbos, also them being a OEM supplier for the Genesis Hyundai. They have also represented at SEMA, that is the largest automotive modification show in the world...

After many hours of research I decided that Kamak will work well for our goals and set out to find the turbo that I needed.

I went with the Kamak 11 blade 12cm T3 Internal Wastegate TDO6H-25GTX 4"AS, this turbo is capable of 650whp. Boost limit of 2.8 bar, water & oil cooled. The spec is pretty custom on the turbo and I will post the specific specs of everything soon.

I went internal gated to keep the system as compact as possible, less added costs in the end.