Post by Reyn S »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362308342.218962.jpg

Reyn S
0.2 Bar Boost
Car: S14
Engine: RB

Re: Cape Town. B-fast run 3 March 2013

Post by Reyn S »

Hay guys thanx for today it was awesome!

RB25SX
Over Boosting
Car: R32

Post by RB25SX »

Reyn S wrote:Hay guys thanx for today it was awesome!
Thanx, was fun. Just a pity the "ghost squad" arrived at the meeting point, picking on the red cars... :wink:
R32 GTR

Reyn S
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by Reyn S »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362326130.870246.jpg

Reyn S
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by Reyn S »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362326154.587199.jpg

MyPRodOL
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by MyPRodOL »

Looks like a good turnout guys.
Wish I could of joined in.

Hopefully soon.

Sorry to hear about the GS bust...

ljS14
Over Boosting
Car: Evo

Post by ljS14 »

The day started off very nicely , weather was good and on my way I went.

On the way I met up with a nice red 350Z, he followed me to the meeting point.

Just as we were about to turn into the Shell these blue lights came up and forced us to pull over.

2 x white GTI’s and 2 Bikes = the ghost squad

The one gets out and is full of shit, starts telling me my car is lowered, pushes on car and then is adamant it is, then he see’s my number plate eish its very illegal. Gives me lank shit .

Tells me my car is impounded and they calling a tow truck, Tells me to give him my licence disc so I do. I speak nicely and the others start relaxing and answering my questions, first asshole tells me to take off number plate immediately. Mmmm no screw driver so I ask if any of them have one, the first guy says ‘get one’ , one of the biker squad guys gives me his army knife and sorted. After a while they say I can drive my car after inspecting it very closely , I am open its coilover suspension so they say I can drive home.

In the meantime a few of the other guys have come to the meeting point and also been nailed, so the meeting point is at Wynands workshop, I eventually leave to go to Wynands workshop and see the Ghost squad followed one of the guys to Wynands workshop, I was like OH SHIT . I think they realised that if they started impounding cars they would be there all day so they gave loads of warnings, They leave to go tackle the Bikers they were targeting in the first place.

Bottom line, ANYTHING that is not OEM from the factory is illegal and gives then the right to ‘impound’ your car, basically take your disc according to them, I would like to know the legalities on this but fact is ANY mod is illegal regardless of the action they take against you.

Coilovers, springs , light tint, wings, spoilers not to mention engine mods !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ILLEGAL

So I have to get a roadworthy done now, wont pass with coilovers so will ‘smokkel’ a roadworthy. Too much luss to put stock suspension in and out.
1991 S13 200SX
1993 Z32 300ZX Convertable
Evo 8

k.y.l.e.
Over Boosting
Car: S13

Post by k.y.l.e. »

Agg man sorry to hear guys looked like alot of fun, i scan my licens disc and keep the real copy at home so when they pull my disc i go home and just pop a new copy in NB make sure its a good copy.
My LuGnuts have more torque than your honda.
EX=toyota corolla 160i 93'model
Current car=s13 200sx with s14 motor sr20det v.v.t.

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by troopiec »

Jeez that's flipping unnecessary, I have not heard of them getting so full of nonsense, so who else got nailed? But what bothers me is how do they think they have the knowledge on every car to be able to tell whether its stock or aftermarket, many cars may come in special editions and have lowering kits fitted OEM which may be the same quality and sometimes even the same brand and drop level as an "aftermarket kit" I've seen with the mini coopers many variations with the JCW and GP mini's, my one friend almost had her car impounded because the back seats were removed and it had a rear strut brace, what about the mini cooper S GP that has no rear seats and a strut brace, what difference does it make, its really ridiculous.

Hotstuff
Club Rep

Post by Hotstuff »

That's just sickening to say the least...

I spent time in Cape Town this weekend past as I had to sort out some stuff. Spent quite a bit of time driving around in the city and the suburbs. Noticed the following...
1. Waaaay too many city golfs and tazz's with lowered (aka cut springs) suspensions.
2. Many nice looking Civics, Sentras and Corollas lowered and crawling over speedbumps wherever I went. Geez, you should've seen the cars at Wembley Roadhouse on Sat night. If lowered suspensions where illegal then the G-Squad would have spent the entire night removing licence disks from cars.
3. Some cars i saw where falling apart because of the rust, but they where fitted with shiney new 18" wheels and smooth tires...
4. Hardly any Metro cops patrolling in the areas that they are really needed in. It's month end and okes are gonna overindulge in the booze and drive on public roads and may cause accidents. I arrived there Saturday morning and left Sunday evening. I drove a total of over 600km's during that time and only saw about 3 Metro vehicles the entire time whilst there.

My concern is that some of the guys that are being pulled over, don't deserve to be and the others that should be pulled over, are not.

I am sure that manufacturers like Tein, BC, etc have done the R&D when designing their coilovers and are probably TUV approved, unlike the oke from Grassy Park who, with th help of his buddys lowered his car with an angle grinder.

The Ghost squad, in my opinion are misled by their seniors in the force who dont know a thing about the modifying scene and make up the rules as they go along. If all these parts are illegal mods, then why are places still retailing them? It also appears that these guys are abusing their powers by harrassing some of us for irrelevant reasons, just to prove a point.

It just irritates me when I hear of stories like these that are so unneccesary. The focus should be on the wreckless driving by taxis and other road users who have a total disregard for the rules of the road. I noticed one thing this weekend... Young laaities wanna drive as fast as possible in a residential area, where kids are playing in the street, with the music blarring and all his buddies downing Black Lable quarts in the car, and then u see the same okes driving 60km/h on the N1 passing Century City straddling 2 lanes because the okes have had 1 too many.

GS should do their job properly and rid our streets of these types. You could have charges for DUI, cut springs ( unroadworthy), straddling lanes and wreckless driving all issued in 1 go. They just go for easy tagets trying to prove a point.

They are killing an awesome car culture in the Cape that I have been part of since the 1980's from first Datsun 160z I had till all the new jap cars that the guys are cruising the streets with.

Whoever wrote the legislation on what is illegal on a car and not, needs to seriously have his / her head read. It would be a good idea for someone to obtain a copy of said legislation and post it here on the forum so that everyone knows what the law is in black and white. Throw that in the face of these wannabe law enforcers, when they try to convince you that your coilovers are not legal and that your car is modified when it actually came straight from the factory fitted with a turbocharger.

BTW, has anyone here in Jozi been pulled over by a Metro pig for having a car thats too low?

It's much easier for them to focus on the easy targets and not do real work for a change. There's a lot of things that the government here can learn from smaller african countries like Botswana and even Cote de Ivoire... Those okes work hard and take pride in their work. These fat bastards (not the wine), sit on their asses manning a speed camera, when less than a kilometre down the road there are traffic lights out causing a back up of traffic for upto 2km long.

I really have no respect or time for the GS and Metro.
Last edited by Hotstuff on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
'92 White S13

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

do we have a GS up here in jhb? i personally think a member from the GS trolls the major car forums looking for runs to pick on modified cars. I for one would love to know what exactly the GS can do and also what is illegal on your car
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Enzio
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Enzio »

Last edited by Enzio on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image S13 CA18DET, NIStune and...oh wait no that's gone..... Image

harleyzx1400
0.1 Bar Boost
Engine: SR

Post by harleyzx1400 »

Where were the Nissans? Only two 200SX's and one GTR. Ghost Squad was a problem, but lucky for me they did not seem interested in our car. The red "illegal" one in the photos!!!
Don't know why they left us alone, but I am just glad they did.

Hotstuff
Club Rep

Post by Hotstuff »

http://www.info.gov.za/gazette/acts/1996/a93-96.htm

see link above for the Road Traffic Act - does not specifically talk about illegal mods, only roadworthyness of vehicles. And then I did a general search, still nothing.

These okes are making up stuff as they go along. I could be wrong, and just not looking in the right place????
Attachments
Capture.JPG
'92 White S13