WANTED: Mobile mechanic

Got a company? Does it have valuable services for our members? then post it here

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Toby
Club Founder
Car: S13

WANTED: Mobile mechanic

Post by Toby »

Hi

I've tried several mobile mechanics, but *none* of them pitched up at my house at the agreed-upon time :( It blows my mind that these guys are so unprofessional - they don't want my money.

So anyway, is there anyone here experienced with working on the SX (CA18DET) who is willing to help me remove the head so I can replace the head gasket? Also need to pressure test the head (have a spare one too). I have tools and parts, just need a helping hand. I *could* do this job myself, but I'd like some help. I'm willing to pay R2k for that. I'm based in Midrand. Please call me on 0734793273 to arrange.

Thanks!
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Re: WANTED: Mobile mechanic

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

i can help you out im no mechanic but i pulled the head off my car no problems and put it back without any issues. i got a compression tester aswell if you need it
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Great, thanks! Please give me a call so we can arrange a time. The compression tester will be handy.
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Hi Toby, I'm also willing to help if sonof anarchy can not, let me know.

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Hey Derek! Long time man, hope you're well :-) I've arranged with him, I'll let you know if it doesn't work out, thanks.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

I am thanks Toby, hope you and the wife are also well, no problem, while you busy, change cam belt, idler bearing and tensioner, just to be safe.

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Wife and I are well, thanks :) Thanks for the tips - if I can get replacement parts, I'll do it. The timing belt is practically brand new - has only seen about 10000km, should I still change it? I've had issues with the tensioner before, so I'll try to get a replacement.

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

If I was closer I would come help for free.
Hot Plates are Sexy

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Toby wrote:Wife and I are well, thanks :) Thanks for the tips - if I can get replacement parts, I'll do it. The timing belt is practically brand new - has only seen about 10000km, should I still change it? I've had issues with the tensioner before, so I'll try to get a replacement.
Glad you guys are well!!

I am sure it is fine but I normally change it if I have to take it off for what ever reason, just makes you feel better that all is new and right.

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac
Engine: SR

Post by Charlvdw »

If only i had time.
197rwkw ,376nm