turbo inlet and outlet

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

RaceBreed
0.1 Bar Boost
Engine: RB

Re: turbo inlet and outlet

Post by RaceBreed »

The problem is that when I bought my engine, it didn't come with most of its pipes and fittings so I don't have or know where the turbo coolant inlet and outlets go. I'm making myself a custom aluminium radiator so would it be possible for me to weld aluminium fittings on the hot and cold side of the radiator end tanks and run coolant lines to the turbo like that? :)

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Post by troopiec »

No it wouldn't really work like that, but don't stress get everything else put together and perhaps you'll figure it out while you're connecting everything else, plus water Cooling isn't essential on the Turbos, it helps to reduce oil temp and prolongs the turbo life span but unless your going to be boosting the shit outta it you can drive it without, I drove a year without coolant hoses on my T28 because I was waiting on new braided lines for my top mount and there was no issues without them. Many performance Turbos you get don't even have water Cooled cores.

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk

RaceBreed
0.1 Bar Boost
Engine: RB

Post by RaceBreed »

I thought thermosyphoning could be most effective by running it directly through the radiator itself and I thought of doing it this way because I dont seem to have the required plumbing and fittings to the run coolant lines from the top mount turbo to the engine block.