ecu options

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

smash!!
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Re: ecu options

Post by smash!! »

oki bud do you have any prices yet on the stuff??

Pinkfluffybunnys
Over Boosting
Car: Other
Engine: SR

Post by Pinkfluffybunnys »

@ pinkfluffybunnys could you quote me on the nistune system PLEEEEZZZ
Just E-mail Matt at NISTune

My days of importing for people are over.

Google can help if you need the websote address
2008 Mazda 6 MPS - Daily Drive
1\4 Mile:
1993 Nissan Sentra 200STI SR20VE – Mild VE
1\4 mile: 14.815 @153km\h @ ODI --- 1KM:195Km\h

Because Race Car

Enzio
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Enzio »

You have to bring it in yourself, very easy.

Just remember the exchange rate has gone to shit, so as it stands today (@ R9,32 to AUD, just checked it now) it will work out at R 4679 (AUD502) excluding other duties/handling fees
Image S13 CA18DET, NIStune and...oh wait no that's gone..... Image

smash!!
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by smash!! »

ok and whats the diffrence between nistune and dicktator?

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

smash!! wrote:ok and whats the diffrence between nistune and dicktator?
Nistune actually works :D :D :D . Just joking.
Dictator is a stand alone system that can do the basics that your engine needs to run.
Nistune is an addition to your std nissan ecu which enables you to "tune" it. This means you get the advantages of a stand alone system without losing any stock features.
Maybe you should google a bit more and then decide what will work for you.
197rwkw ,376nm

smash!!
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by smash!! »

ok thanks bud .

harleyzx1400
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by harleyzx1400 »

I have a Dicktator and have just been to PE and back, and my car runs 100%. Nothing wrong with them. (so far!!!)

smash!!
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by smash!! »

whatype do you have ? is it a 60-2 or wasted spark? who did the install and dyno? what features did you loose ?

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

harleyzx1400 wrote:I have a Dicktator and have just been to PE and back, and my car runs 100%. Nothing wrong with them. (so far!!!)
It will probably not change and it will work great for you. Depents on what you need.
So i recon theres no MAf on you car because the dicktator uses a map sensor, and youll never have to wory about youre Cas packing up cause you are using a pickup on the crank instead?
Can dictator control the engines idle, not sure but i dont think so?
And no knock detection either.
But dicktator has definately got its advantages, its not that expensive and anyone who has a dyno can tune it and therefor they dont charge that much for the tune either.
But then again, this is just my opinion.
197rwkw ,376nm

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

May I ad my opinion, I have nothing bad to say about nistune as there is only good reviews in SA, the problem is, as it is with Wolf 3D which I am running, there is no support in SA, some guys use it here and there but when it gets technical and need serious backup, ur stuffed.

Charl not to disrespect you or what you said, if your fuel map, water and air temp compensation is set up properly idling should not be a problem, you don't need idle control if that is all set up ptoperly, I have idle control and lock on my system, even when I use to use it, the fuel map and temp maps greatly affected the affectiveness of idle control, as soon as the maps was right, I could turn it off and it would be the same.

In the end what I would use to decide on an ecu, if your car is gonna be used as a daily runner, keep it stock, small things like bigger exhuast and downpipe, performance air filter will work great and would not affect much, no need to spend so much money on ecu's.

If you know you are going to mod it and not use it for a daily, I'd look for an ecu for which there is enough back up, which will save me time and money to fix and which serves the plans for the car.

You need to realize something, any make ecu has it's ups and downs, the best start is to let it be installed and tuned by the right tuner/person, many problems with many ecu's stem from the installer or tuner not doing it right, taking short cuts and making mistakes.

Decide what you want to do with the car and go from there, do research, check back up, look at turn around times for when things go wrong, check cost for replacement parts.

Thats just my opinion.

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

Draco wrote:Charl not to disrespect you or what you said,
Ja watch it china!! :shock: :shock: :D :D
197rwkw ,376nm

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic

Post by Ero_sennin »

Charlvdw wrote:
Draco wrote:Charl not to disrespect you or what you said,
Ja watch it china!! :shock: :shock: :D :D

hahahahaha, classic!
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Ya whateva china...u want a proper dice huh :facepalm: :D

harleyzx1400
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by harleyzx1400 »

Smash, it is a wasted spark. I do not know what features I have lost, but the car goes fine, so far. I am sort of waiting for something to go boom, but lucky not yet. Dynotech in Cape Town did the install and dyno tuning. Maybe not the most sophisticated system out there, but it replaces virtually all of the standard electronics on the car. ECU and MAF and a couple of other goodies at the old airbox. Not sure what they are. Mine was not a hasslefree install as the timing control went beserk and the car would not run properly at all. Seems to be ok now. I have done about 3000km with the new engine and goodies, and besides the noise (wasted money on a decent radio!!), the conversion has worked out very well for me.

Pinkfluffybunnys
Over Boosting
Car: Other

Post by Pinkfluffybunnys »

I have had the same argument on many forums and it boils down to this. (Honest truth, Its dry but you can drink it )

If you don’t want to learn or understand what your car is doing and why and how, And just want to drop your car off at a tuner and pick it up go Dictator\Go Tech…ect because there are tuners around every corner.

BUT

If you would like to grow a pair and spend more than the 2-8 hours that the dyno tuner spent pulling out your stock system that Nissan spent 8 months tuning to maybe get your car setup correctly by yourself since you know the car and drive it daily then take the NISTune or ( add Standalone here) option but go into this to learn.

It’s your decision

I normally don’t post in this type of thread because if I have to explain the difference between a Dictator\Go-Teck..ect and NIStune\LINK..ect then its better off for the other party to go with common Management systems.

I’m not saying that Dictator\Go-tech…ect aren’t good systems , I just know the fast cars running on those systems that are daily with good fuel consumption tuned by a tuner have been to that Tuner and dyno more then they will tell you and going to the tuner for a bad warm idle or bad cold start adds up over time (What do they ask R350 with a dyno run *estimate*)

To each his own
2008 Mazda 6 MPS - Daily Drive
1\4 Mile:
1993 Nissan Sentra 200STI SR20VE – Mild VE
1\4 mile: 14.815 @153km\h @ ODI --- 1KM:195Km\h

Because Race Car