Engine stall on applying brakes

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

jdm200sx
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Engine stall on applying brakes

Post by jdm200sx »

Hi All

Looking for some advise before removing intake manifold. I checked all the vacuum lines including the one way valve from the brake booster and the pcv valve on intake. Im suspecting a leaking intake gasket but not so keen on removing to check,could it be something else like a sensor? The engine is a ca

Will appreciate some feedback.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well-preserved piece...but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, and defiantly shouting "wow, what a ride."

Skylinefreak
0.5 Bar Boost
Car: Other
Engine: RB

Re: Engine stall on applying brakes

Post by Skylinefreak »

Do you have stock management and recirculating blow-off valve?

jdm200sx
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by jdm200sx »

Yes,stock ecu,dnt have a bov fitted at the moment,need to get the flange made. The air from plastic boost pipe above radiator has a sort of a recirculating system going on back into a vacuum solenoid mounted on the intake

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well-preserved piece...but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, and defiantly shouting "wow, what a ride."

jdm200sx
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by jdm200sx »

Lesson learnt the hard way. Problem causing the engine to stall was indeed the "Driftworx" top mount turbo manifold. What a piece of K#k! Put on stock mani,quicker spool with t28. R2860+ courier later:-x

Sent from my R800i using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Last edited by jdm200sx on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enzio
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Enzio »

Are you talking about Driftworks or Driftworx? Big difference.
Image S13 CA18DET, NIStune and...oh wait no that's gone..... Image

jdm200sx
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by jdm200sx »

Oh. Lol:-? Talking bout the local one in montague

Sent from my R800i using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by troopiec »

Hey glad you found the problem, how would a topmount cause your engine to stall though? Difference in exhaust, maybe not enough pressure in the exhaust manifold? I duno, if any guys can elaborate itl be cool, I'm goin to fit a topmount soon also and itl be goin on for a little bit with stock management until I go stand alone, I hope I don't experience such troubles but I've never heard of that

jdm200sx
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by jdm200sx »

From what I make of it the tubes where too big and didnt allow enough pressure on idle to create enough spin on the turbo to keep the motor going. Another problem was getting to the lower nuts. The rear 2 kept getting loose and blowing the gasket which was a b1tch to replace everytime. 3 times in total! My opinion,get the stock mani flowed and polished. It works best

So yeah,u spot on

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac
Engine: SR

Post by Charlvdw »

I had no problems with the top mount I've build, turbo spooled up a lot quicker .So if your problem was caused by your top mount the manufacturer must have real talent.

197rwkw ,376nm

jdm200sx
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by jdm200sx »

Possible. Coz after fitting the original 1 problem solved

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

Your engine dying when the brake is pressed sounds more like a torn diaphragm(not sure about the spelling).
197rwkw ,376nm

jdm200sx
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by jdm200sx »

it used to happen where shifting to neutral as well:???:

After putting back the stock one the problem went away

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

jdm200sx wrote:
After putting back the stock one the problem went away
Bargain. What I think was happening was that with the top mount you needed to adjust your base idle which I gues you did do or the std ecu couldn't control the idle well enough with the lower x-mani pressure.
197rwkw ,376nm