When u just have to go sideways !

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by godzilla »

My scrappy looking V6 sliding. finally.Yes its not an sx but its a hell of a lot of fun! its been a week and ive been thru 3 sets of tires.hehehehe ill keep the ratsun look.

finally fitted my SANI fenders.

built for pure fun .
lockedup V6 Diff,poly bushings, frankenstein leafs springs plus 70 mil blocks equils 120mil drop,new front suspention,turned down and reindexed tortions bars,new brackes, new clutch ,new jap import motor,shortend prop,56mil powerflow freeflow,3 sets of wheels, loads of tires .lets have some fun lol
i love my bakkie if shit breaks i can get spares at the local spares shop lol and for good measure i keep spare gear box,motor,and diff. cause i break shit quick.
sideways forever....

P3g4sus
Club Drifter
Car: Supra
Engine: 2JZ

Re: When u just have to go sideways !

Post by P3g4sus »

LOL nice man!!
Power is nothing without control,
Control is not fun without power.
Traction is over rated. :twisted:

White Fang
Over Boosting
Car: S13

Post by White Fang »

Does this bakkie break a lot ?
The isuzu mags will let it brake , Swop the mags and problem sorted !
Whap Whap
1.3 - i Turbo
No Piston's
No Valve's
No gass , just me kicking your ASS

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by godzilla »

hahah i have 2 sets of those isuzu wheels and at the rate i go thru tires id be on blocks all the time.and no this bakkie doesent break often .i dove it hard for 2 years with noisy lifters and a bearing rumbel.blew headgasket only cause the belt tentioner went misssing and the waterpump wasent turnung .was cheaper to buy an import than repair the old motor.plus i could get it on the road in 2 days. some of the parts was "sponserd"lol like a completly new front suspention except shocks. but need to stiffen up the suspention too much body roll.
sideways forever....

aep886
SX Forumholic
Car: S14
Engine: SR

Post by aep886 »

^^ em... V6 does the shit! my Sierra RS destroy 4 rear tyres already this weekend!!!
current vehicles...
1979 Corolla SR5
1996 S14 200sx

DriftZ
200SX Maniac
Car: S15

Post by DriftZ »

digging the Sani fenders... rad ride.. i want !

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by godzilla »

@aep886 i like the siera.wont mind having one of those to play with.
@ driftz.thanks I had a mould made of the sani fenders cause no one makes them u cant even get them from Nissan.and SANI went out of busness.i sold the couple of sets i had and finally used the origanal set on my D21. ill have to make a coupla of sets again soon.
iwas toying with the idea of maybe doing a murderdout budget spray if i dont leave it the way it is.dont wanna spend money on what it looks like. ag maybe just leave it as is. cant decide.
sideways forever....

DriftZ
200SX Maniac
Car: S15

Post by DriftZ »

leave it as is... Rat ftw

SilviaS13
Club Drifter
Car: S13
Engine: 2JZ

Post by SilviaS13 »

Nice
drifterz do it slideways...

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by godzilla »

so lastweek was the wheels of fury down here in the cape and it was mad fun.the drifting was off the hook. i took along my ratsun hardbody to spin and have some fun. got some weird looks from people wanting to know what the hell a bakkie was doing there.but i dont care as long as i can have my fun i gdont give a sh!t. heres a pic of me getting it all wrong and clapping some tire over,u dont realise how long your tails is lol, it left a lekke war damage tire marks down the back side.

as time and money is available i play around with setups. i have a set of adustable front rancho shoks out of a 4x4(yes i know lol) but it stiffens the front up a little more. in the back i have a home made frankenstein leaf set up. a dearched uppper leaf,plus 2 more leafs,i removed the middel leaf, and turned the over load leaf upside down. all the leaf ends are clamped together with 5mil plate to stiffen up the rear .i removed the rear clamp cause it was causeing one wheel to lift off when spining or cornering and the ride was incredibly harsh.ontop of my leaf pack i hav 100 mill long blades added to the pack all these to does is increase the thickness of the pack but does not affect stiffness in any way. but does make the bakkie lower .ontop of that i have a 70mil lowering block running toyota truck 12mil U bolts. giving me a combined 120 mil lowering stance.thats flat and stiff and hardly any body roll.
sideways forever....

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by godzilla »

ow and we went to street to strip drags a few weeks ago,i took along a bakkie load of wheeels for drift and spin practice ,polished them off for the night,was supper fun. not a big turnout but i got to go back on as soon as i changed wheels,must say changing wheels so often in the span of 4 hours is tiering when u dont have that much help,and its 6 lugs per wheel. eish

thought id share with u guys the new toy i bought.its not a drifter,but a 4x4 but it can go sideways on tar.it was standing for 2 years in a guys driveway on blocks.he sold off the 33'tires and it didnt want to start.i convinced him to sell it to me cause his neighbours wer bitching about it caus he lives in a complex. so i drove out with some wheels,and some money and im the owner of a nissan sani V6 4x4. the guy told me its a rusted wreck .but after some inspection this this is neat inside only a few small rust spots and faede paint .the rust was surface rust on the chassis.that just polished off. this is what R5k bought me.
it had 2 alloy mags .so hers the list of aftermarket parts on there, rear diff with powertrax locker,oldman EMU rear leaf springs,extended rear shackels, poly pushings, calmini front LSD,calmini front tortion bars, calmini uppercontrol arms,calmini ball joints,low profile polybump stops(dont know brand) brospeed branches, power flow free flow xhast,racing lifters, 3inch body lift. etc, the list goes on, by my calculations its over R35k worth of aftermarket parts. i got a set of 285/70/16 BFgoodridge mud terains from a friend, slaped them on my black isuzu rims.
since it was standing close to the beach for 2 years,i removed the plugs turned the motor over by hand at first. cleanedout fuel tank .filled fuel put in a battery and it stared up firstime.lol. the only thing that neede replacing was one driveshaft and that i got with the sani as spares.
so this far i respayed the bonnet, touched up the fenders,added front arches,and mud flaps. all i need to do now is reasemble i upgraded to new spec grill . all the rest were small issues, so this is hwat it looks like now
these are after apolish and some minor assembly minus roof rack
want to take this bably out into the atlantis dunes before i put her up for sale.
needs a nice grapphic down the side to break up all that white. what u think.
sideways forever....

dialate
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by dialate »

absolute Steal!!!!

dialate
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by dialate »

let me know when u sell - need a drift tow car... if the price is decent.

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by godzilla »

will doo man. its gona be a code 3 though cause the guy i bought it from deregesterd it the week before i bought it in jan. so ill have to still roadworthy and engine clear.
sideways forever....

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by godzilla »

and heres a "practice" run .one of my staff filmed it and said i should come closer,and after i came "closer" i nerly went into the wall cause i was laughing too much lol.

ull notoice alot less body roll if any,it stays nice and flat.
sideways forever....