The 200SX Club List

Going fast in a straight line

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Phinx
0.7 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Post by Phinx »

And you only took the risk because someone had taken it before you, so there was actually no risk.
So someone has remove a head before Draco did..

He was doing his head gasket.
A.K.A - Wonderboy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1993 Nissan 200 SX
148 Kw - 250 NM @ 0.55 bar. 1.8T ATW
1989 Toyota Corrola
63kw - 117nm 1.3- N/A
18.2 @118,4 Km - Rainbow Raceway

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Anyway that is my opinion, this job has now cost him 2 head gaskets all the time and effort from the first job and now ??? more money for the pistons etc.

It would of been cheaper to send it to calibrator.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

but a few posts ago - you said rather send it to the pro's???? now you saying dont trust anyone.

so what should draco do!???!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Send it to the pros but if you insist on doing it your self then trust your gut and do it your way, just pray your gut is not empty :lol: .

Phinx
0.7 Bar Boost

Post by Phinx »

BS it would cost far more to send it to a " Pro" then to just learn.

And Draco will be able to do it again and again and again instead of counting on a pro every time.

Thats why the so called "pro's" make so much money.

Draco did the right thing he took a chance and learned and have you ever taken your car the a mechanic?
because you don't know what they charge for stuff like a HG replacement.
A.K.A - Wonderboy
1993 Nissan 200 SX
148 Kw - 250 NM @ 0.55 bar. 1.8T ATW
1989 Toyota Corrola
63kw - 117nm 1.3- N/A
18.2 @118,4 Km - Rainbow Raceway

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

I say trust the FSM and nothing else. If you can't do what the FSM says, 'cos you don't have tools or whatever, then send it to the pro's, but if you can follow the FSM, there shouldn't be problems.

But also get advice from people who've done it before and have learnt (like Vlade). And not over the phone - 'cos there's plenty of room for misunderstanding over the phone (altho sending MMS pics might help)
Last edited by Toby on Tue May 22, 2007 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

My dad is a mechanic and I help him a span. I often make out the job cards at the end of the day so yes I know what things cost and I know what they charge.

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

I have learnt my leason with doing things myself, I now dont fix nor try fix computers or anything else to do with these horrible things, I stay FAR VERY FAR away from electricity, I dont tile nor try to tile cause I am definately no tiler (floor tiles), etc. I stick to what I am good at.

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

perseverance also helps - i am horrible at drinking, but hey - i'm prepared to practise until i get it right!

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

But also get advice from people who've done it before and have learnt (like Vlade). And not over the phone - 'cos there's plenty of room for misunderstanding over the phone
MMMM and this is where the kak hit the fan....

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

School fees, telephone calls, experience, all those mentioned. Does not matter. We all learn. And I did. If I have to take my sx to the Pro's I would have been bankrupt to the power of two plus. I am forced to maintain the sx myself. I learn from my mistakes. What about the times when some of you reported bad service or bad experience where you have handed in your sx related maintenance or repairs? Then the Pro's are good, then they are not. Then we like mistakes then we dont? I promised myself that I will beat my sx maintenance by myself, with my mistakes and all. A year ago I could not tell left from right on the turbo. Today I enjoy. I STILL THINK VLADE IS ONE OF OUR BEST OUT THERE. [smilie=200sx_rockon.gif] Hat off to you Barend and hat off to all out there helping out. [smilie=200sx_rockon.gif] And you are all LEADERS out there. Keep on going. [smilie=200sx_tank.gif]
And oh. Sometimes I must be careful to say:"dont fear when Fred is near". :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
And [smilie=200sx_offtopic.gif]
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Well said Fredster...well said [smilie=200sx_rockon.gif] , we will beat it, 1 day we won't need to make phone calls!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

ChemCool wrote:
School fees, telephone calls, experience, all those mentioned. Does not matter. We all learn. And I did. If I have to take my sx to the Pro's I would have been bankrupt to the power of two plus. I am forced to maintain the sx myself. I learn from my mistakes. What about the times when some of you reported bad service or bad experience where you have handed in your sx related maintenance or repairs? Then the Pro's are good, then they are not. Then we like mistakes then we dont? I promised myself that I will beat my sx maintenance by myself, with my mistakes and all. A year ago I could not tell left from right on the turbo. Today I enjoy. I STILL THINK VLADE IS ONE OF OUR BEST OUT THERE. [smilie=200sx_rockon.gif] Hat off to you Barend and hat off to all out there helping out. [smilie=200sx_rockon.gif] And you are all LEADERS out there. Keep on going. [smilie=200sx_tank.gif]
And oh. Sometimes I must be careful to say:"dont fear when Fred is near". :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
And [smilie=200sx_offtopic.gif]
you know... i try and i try and i get no recognition!!! fairland is far from centurion! but you have my number - use it!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

you know... i try and i try and i get no recognition!!! fairland is far from centurion! but you have my number - use it!
Wil do and thank you. 8) 8)
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

no recognition? eh? ok ok

we all recognise that you are a tit! :lol: