The 200SX Club List

Going fast in a straight line

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Draco
Forum Whore
Car: S13

Post by Draco »

No just the gasket went between piston 3 and 4, gasget was replaced,everything was fine till the pullies had to be lighned up for timing, there was a misunderstanding and obviosly the timing was all buggered whitch broke the valves and dented piston number 1.

Stephen Swanepoel
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by Stephen Swanepoel »

OOUUCCHH!!!!
Expensive

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

You can say that again, expensive misunderstanding :roll:

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

you should avoid misunderstandings. they lead to mistakes. which leads to mishaps. which ultimately leads to misplacement of funds. which can lead to misinterpretations of mis-allocation of funds by your missus.

or maybe is just misread this topic.

i dunno!!!!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Phinx
0.7 Bar Boost

Post by Phinx »

Dude it happen to me.

The first i removed my head because of the HG then me and Sokar installed it correctly but we forgot you have to re-tention the pulley after hand cranking,we hand cranked the motor all was fine then we started it and i bent 3 valves.

Took the head off again sent it in had all valve's reseated and valve guides installed and the bent ones replaced cost me R 800.

Damn I should have had the head ported as well, Ow and I'm using one of those Midas Engine Gasket sets , There is a cheap make thats basically the same as Payne.
A.K.A - Wonderboy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1993 Nissan 200 SX
148 Kw - 250 NM @ 0.55 bar. 1.8T ATW
1989 Toyota Corrola
63kw - 117nm 1.3- N/A
18.2 @118,4 Km - Rainbow Raceway

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Leave it to the professionals, it would of been cheaper for you.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

They just quoted me R2000 rand to fix, eperently I bent 8 valves witch I don't believe, they said 8 inlet valves are bent, when we took off the head 2 exhaust valves were broken.....they didn't mention that....so I think they are playing me, Phinx where did you do your gead?

Phinx
0.7 Bar Boost

Post by Phinx »

I have Buddie Tammage auto Tune.
He know people you might want to give him a call I don't have his shop number should be in a PTA phone book.

The guy races a 3sgte silver cup car, Really knows his staff

And Gary57 there is an old saying that goes.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day , But teach man to fish and he will eat for a life time.

Big-up to Draco, for trying and he will get it right, Then he know how to remove his head and re-install it. most people dont.
A.K.A - Wonderboy
1993 Nissan 200 SX
1989 Toyota Corrola
63kw - 117nm 1.3- N/A

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day , But teach man to fish and he will eat for a life time.
I agree but if he didnt go in there this would not of happened and he would be in for this big expense. Rather give the job to a mechanic and let them do it. They did a 4 year apprenticeship and have many year of experience, if fixing car was so easy there would be no use for them.

I dont see many people prescribing themselves medicine or operating on their friends or themselves for that matter. I see so many car come into my dad half complete or complete and now brocken, it ends up costing twice as much than what it should of. No offence but I think Vlade has 1st hand experiance with this.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Thanks Phinks, I have learned how to remove the head and stuff, replacing a headgasket in the future wont be that bad, as for the mishap, well I learned something more, it cost me, and I will feel the fanancial strain for some time to come, the best thing I learned was to 1nce again trust my gut, I thaut what we are doing does not make sence but because I didn't know better I went ahead.

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

but because I didn't know better I went ahead.
"Assumptions are the mother of all F#$% ups"

Trust no one besides yourself or your gut for that matter :lol: .

Phinx
0.7 Bar Boost

Post by Phinx »

LoL

I know a Med lemon will work with a cold because I took the risk of trying it when I was sick. You don't run to the doctor everytime you have a headache? you ask for dispren.

And most performance tuners don't even do apprenticeship at a performance shop ,they are just in the motor industry in one way or the other doing the bad jobs like removing heads and installing CV's and pick up things as they go.

At some point in all there lives the boss told them to remove a head or brake pads or what ever and they had to learn on the fly on a new car, I did Motor mechanic's at high school in all honest its mostly theory I wasn't even sure how to jet a carburetor till I forced myself to learn.

Secondly it would cost you around R 2000 + to have it done at a professional
So he has gained knowledge at the cost of money sounds like school.

"School fee's" like carver says.

But at least after paying school fee's you walk out with knowledge and understanding instead of buying your "diploma"
A.K.A - Wonderboy
1993 Nissan 200 SX
1989 Toyota Corrola
63kw - 117nm 1.3- N/A

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Gary57 wrote:
but because I didn't know better I went ahead.
Trust no one besides yourself or your gut for that matter :lol: .
dude - you are contradicting yourself. the reason i learnt how to do things on my car myself, is because i found that i could trust no-one.
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

I know a Med lemon will work with a cold because I took the risk of trying it when I was sick.
And you only took the risk because someone had taken it before you, so there was actually no risk.
Secondly it would cost you around R 2000 + to have it done at a professional
What was he doing in the first place?? Changing Cam belt or what??

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

dude - you are contradicting yourself. the reason i learnt how to do things on my car myself, is because i found that i could trust no-one.
Thats what I am saying, I dont even trust anyone to drive my car let alone fix it. I will take people advice but in the long run I will do it my way anyway.