Suspension Options

It's all about going side ways YO!

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Gary57
Club Rep
Car: S13

Post by Gary57 »

It would break my heart to spend R6000 on coilovers :cry: .

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

anyone with opinions on tein street basic dampers???

i would be using them on the track and the street - mine is not a pure track car.

i would also like to do the RB25 mod in the next year, how would they do with the extra weight up front???

also - are they serviceable in SA?
and if i wanted to, could i get a stiffer set of springs later?
and change the damping rates of hte shocks???

wow, a lot of questions from me hey!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

I'd rather not ask on the SA forums since no one here really has that much experience with Tein products, I'd rather get feedback from 20 guys than maybe 1... Its a lot of doe for coil overs.
Hairdresser MX5

jap spec
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by jap spec »

On the suspension side of things i think i ca n answer your questions, having 3 years experience with Tein coilovers, and having 3 sets and different types... Anyway...to answe the first question, basic tein suspension doesnt come with a pillowball joint top plate which means you cannot adjust camber settings...On a drift or track car, the minimum setting needed....for high speed drifting to gain traction is 2.5 negetive...thats the first problem....Second is that they dont come with damping either, which mean that you cant adjust the stiffness at all.....what you can do adjust the ride height though....As a daily driver it will be perfect and cornering will imporve ten fold as teh spring rates supplied allow for a soft drive, but under load, in cornering, stiffen much more than that of the standard....obviously the body roll is less due to the ride height aswell....aslo, because you can set the ride height, means you have the slight option of making the 'spring rate' softer or harder....On a coilover set up you can put the spring under load before the cars weight is on it, therefore changing stiffness....
A super street set up is the best option Tein wise...there are 3 differnt types i think....the 3rd and most expensive is the best option....I have this suspension in an S14....campber slots, damping, and ride height...car handles well, and i can set it up for daily and change camber for track....

Serving is not done in SA, but if you buy the suspension from teh agants here, they can send it back to the factory in Japan on your behalf is there are any problems....

Stiffer springs are available for the coilovers....you choose the spring rates and they send them over....Apparently eibach now make coilover springs for the s13 and s14....which means that they got in stock....the both about the same price...2500 for springs...
S13 - everything
something and something else

dwayne
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by dwayne »

whare can i get a decent set of lowering kit for the s14 for not tooooo much?
GOING SOME WHERE FAST!!!!!!! :-)

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

www.rezlo.com, but good luck.
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

veecee wrote:www.rezlo.com, but good luck.
click on south effricen web store

jap spec
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by jap spec »

Import Parts - R2500
S13 - everything
something and something else

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

and jerry is a really nice guy!

he knows how to treat a customer properly!

Doctor G
0.7 Bar Boost

Post by Doctor G »

I've heard good things about Megane Racing coil overs...

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *

Post by Vlade »

same here, was looking into a set... Enjuku drift team uses them.

Tein is really overpriced but with local support it might not be a bad idea.
Hairdresser MX5

cape town drfter
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by cape town drfter »

Guys i`m with Vlade ,will pay a bit extra for a good sett of coil overs ,Vlade let me know what you choose,we can buy two sets together get a better price,i`m thinking of Teinnnnnnnnn.

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *

Post by Vlade »

yip been investigating this for some time, I was suppose to fit my set loooong time ago but with the brittle engine it was hard to save up money.
Hairdresser MX5

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Ero_sennin »

so whats the verdict
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

I also want to lower my car by say 40mm but don't know if i should go for the coilover thing... :?: :?:
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord